Friday, March 2, 2012

TGIF, momentum and freaky weather

Things continue to move forward on the Administrative side of this process.

Last evening after I sent in my DE choice I got an email with yet another form I needed to fill confirming my selection and have a witness sign. I had a 2 business day turnaround, but of course it being Friday I hurried in the morning to get it signed and also to the bank to move some money around since I have a massive payment due next week.

I signed and emailed the form and then dropped the original in the mail. Of course the form said to mail to one location but the DE Nurse said another so I ended up having to call her to confirm.

In the meantime she figured she should order my meds since she knows my insurance company takes its sweet time. So I told her that I used Endometrin suppositories, but she had already ordered PIO.  Not that it matters since I did not need to have them ship it, but she made me nervous by saying that for DE program they usually do PIO.

I had a 12pm dental appt and all along I am thinking if I have IM shots will I be able to do this potentially everyday for 7-8 weeks?? Yikes.

This is the me -- the gal who had to go to the fire station for the paramedic to do my HCG shot on two separate occasions, I am not kidding you.  I freaked at the sight of the 1 1/2 inche needle when I first saw it, and my Mom was too scared to do it for me she was sure the needle would break!

Anyway she checked and came back saying that for DE they either do PIO or Crinone gel. So it will be Crinone and hopefully is covered by my crappy insurance. But as long as it is vaginal, I am fine with it and its associated ickiness and cost.

After a slew of emails today on all these topics, in the final one she said the donor was booked for me so I don't need to worry -- so that is huge sigh of relief.

Next will be the payment which may turn out to be another saga since next week I have the UK tradeshow that I am remotely handling and I cannot be taking time from work running around to drop checks, so it may have to be Fri, or late afternoon during the week.

During my one phone conversation with her, I thanked her for putting up with my neurosis, but she was sweet and said "no you are fine" etc.  I am sure she is used to dealing with panicked women...and frankly this process will make anyone neurotic. By process I mean the admin part of it --filling forms, finding donors, the mad rush to book them, ordering meds, making sure it gets scheduled etc. Its crazy!

Weather wise it is gray and dark outside at 77degrees and tonight we are expecting another string of severe thunderstorms starting around 11pm through 4am - sigh! 

Luckily, its Sat tomorrow so I may skip yoga and sleep in though given the week I have had I need the yoga!

Update: 
My Black.berry just buzzed with a weather alert -- tornado warning in effect until 1am tonight :-(

7 comments:

  1. Oh phew - glad you do not have to do PIO. My last clinic made me do PIO and it was no fun. It's much better to have a little messiness!

    Glad things are progressing so fast - hope you weather the tornado okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment on my last post.

    I hope things go more smoothly from here on out for you. Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow things are really moving right along over here. PIO is a pain in the but...so good on you for avoiding it. Can't wait to see how you progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my donor embryo coordinator is ready to throw me out the window and I do not even have the embryos yet.

    Hope the weather down there doesn't get too bad. It sort of slid to the east of me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you went to the paramedics. I did PIO the last time and it wasn't as bad as I expected. It did take 2 weeks for the anxiety to stop at the site of the needle.

    My opinion is that donor egg cycles are more stressful than regular IVF cycles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you got your donor lined up. Hope those thundershowers weren't too bad last night and no tornado!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the storm left your area without damage. Good luck on the trade show.

    ReplyDelete