Friday, March 9, 2012

Ready, Set.......Go?

Well, my meds arrived yesterday so I have them in my possession.

This morning I drove the 60+ miles to the RE's office to drop off the deposit/payment for the cycle. It was raining all night but luckily it stopped when I got on the freeway and most of the early morning traffic incidents had dissipated. At one point there was a slowdown on an on-ramp and I heard a crunch and saw the lady behind me jerk her head. I thought "darn, I am hit", but I had not felt anything. Turns out it was the guy behind her who had slammed into her car.

I met the lady from the business office who completed the paperwork and gave me my receipt which is now placed in the 2012 Medical reciepts folder. I figured I should get one started.

So, all administrative stuff and pre-planning has been done for this cycle, and now I wait to start my Lupron.

I am feeling quite relaxed actually after all the craziness of the last couple of weeks. I am neither over-excited, neither am I worried. Whatever will be will be.

All things that were in my control such as donor selection, getting meds, making payment are done. Now all I need to do is make sure I take my prenatals and do the shots when the time comes.

Whether the donor will have eggs, whether they fertilize, whether they grow, whether there are any to freeze, will my lining grow - I cannot control any of that, so it is pointless worrying about it since worrying will not change the outcome.

If I am meant to get pregnant this cycle it will happen, if I am not, it will not. So, for now I sit back and enjoy the ride!

8 comments:

  1. GREAT attitude! You are absolutely right - there is only so much you can control in all of this and then at a certain point you just need to let go. That's how I approached this last cycle and it was the calmest I've ever been. Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an admirable outlook. I hope things go extremely well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you are in such a great place. I can only hope that I am as calm in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should very proud of your attitude. Easier said than done sometimes. But that's how I'd like to be during my IVF cycle...rather zen! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job getting all your ducks in a row. Exciting! Will be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting all of the details of your cycle taken care of (that you can control) is always such a relief. Congratulations on getting to the point where that's done and now it's just time to stick yourself by the clock. Excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you all the best and really hope that this cycle will be the one. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete