Saturday, January 7, 2012

Under the Influence

That is the only way I can describe the effect of the Cipro/Flagyl combination I have been taking the past 10 days.

Thank goodness, tonight will be my last dose and I cannot say enough how happy that makes me.

Its really not made any difference to the pain/tenderness, but its a standard treatment for gastritis type infections. Yesterday I was dragging myself as usual through my work day and closed my eyes for about 40 min after lunch.

Today I skipped yoga and put away my Christmas decorations and vacuumed and tidied the lower floor of the house. By 12:30pm I was exhausted, which is so unusual for me. I hope it is only a side effect of the drug and goes away. I was fine before, in terms of energy at least.

I ended up taking a nap and plan to spend the rest of the afternoon in bed.  I will drink lots of water the next few days to flush out the toxins and keep up with my probiotic and B12.

Hopefully I can get back to normal since I have a very busy week at work coming up.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling 100% soon. Yeah, I was going to take down the decorations today, we'll see if that still happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fluids is a good idea...hope it helps and that you're back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking it easy is a good idea. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Evelyn. Take it easy and drink the fluids. Of course that is also what I've been doing this weekend. :-(

    ReplyDelete