Monday, January 2, 2012

Side Effect?

I had a great 8 hrs sleep last night, but woke up tired again and have been dragging all day.

I have been drinking lots of water and had a week off so I was perplexed as to the reason. I did some Internet research and I think it is a side effect of the antibiotic (thanks Rebecca!). I normally do not have fatigue as a symptom when taking antibiotics which is why I did not put it together. Also, I have not taken this particular one in a long time. I will call the Dr's office tomorrow to see if I can do 7 days instead of the full 10 days, or half the daily dosage maybe. I am only on Day 5 - sigh.

Of course in the process of my research, I also read really bad scary stuff about this medication which now makes me even more reluctant to take it :-( 

Not much else to report except that its really cold here. Well, cold for Southern US ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, boy do I hear you on the scary Cipro! The googling freaked me out, too. Mr. H and I had to do 14 days. And this after 30 days of Doxycycline! I recommend taking 2 good-quality probiotics every morning (the brand I use is DDS). You can find them in the fridge in the health food store. The Cipro is destroying all the good bacteria along with the bad, which is why it makes us feel so awful. The probiotics will replace the good bacteria, and I suggest continuing to take them after you stop the antibiotic, too, at least for a while. They are helping me.

    Thinking of you.

    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Maddy, probiotics are great specially if you are taking antibiotics. I usually buy K-cups at Whole Foods, they are fresh :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Acidophilus can be purchased in a tablet form or can be found in several yogurts in the market. Usually that will help counteract the fatigue associated with antibiotics. Antibiotics kill off even the good germs in our bodies which can really drag a body down. Day 6 of my 10 day course for the sinus infection and I slept until 1030 hrs today. I rarely do that. I'm still dead tired too. Too bad I have neither yogurt nor pill form acidophilus in my house.

    ReplyDelete