Monday, January 16, 2012

Déjà vu

Well, I am back in Seattle for a week.

I flew in this afternoon. It was very long and boring cross country flight. The free inflight entertainment is getting worse and worse with not many channels to watch.

I was a bit nervous about my ears given I have some sinus congestion but they held up fine. I tried everything under the sun the past few days to clear it up and it seemed to have helped, so I will write all my new semi-holistic tips/tricks next week.

I am staying at the same hotel as last time and same room just one floor below. So, feels quite like Déjà vu including the view from my window.  I was here just 4 weeks to the date, but it went by fast. I feel like I never left and its the same trip going on -- do I sound nuts?

Its freezing cold here with snow on the ground.  Pretty, but freezing.  Thankfully our meetings are in the same hotel many of us are staying at so we don't have to worry about the weather or going anywhere much. I got two skirts to wear with my knee high black boots which should be okay for indoors. We will have to venture out for dinner, but by then, I can change into jeans or more formal pants which I also brough along.

Its only 5:20pm PST but I am super tired with the time difference, so plan to have an early dinner with one of my colleuges in an hour and then retire to my room.  It will be a busy week.

Hope you are having a good start to your week.

2 comments:

  1. Awww...I kinda miss Seattle. But it's a totally different thing going somewhere for work...never fun. Good luck getting through the week. The only good thing is you'll have no problem waking up early when you're there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup lots of snow here in the Tacoma area too. I'm loving it. Hope you manage to stay warm.

    ReplyDelete