Monday, January 30, 2012

Another Lousy Day

...at work. I had lunch at almost 4pm since I was so busy I could not get a break.

Had a few customer meetings and all I heard were complaints about the environment and the products suite. This one customer is really at the end of their rope and I totally understand their frustration since they have been given the royal run around by our Product/Eng Dept.

Of curse unluckily for the customer they joined right in the middle of the corporate restructuring and hiring of new folks, so they are really bearing the brunt of past poor product decisions. What bothers me that the new guys keep pointing fingers at the previous team even though some of the new team have been around for 6 months. I mean really the buck has to stop somewhere, you cannot use "I am new" as an excuse indefinitely.

So, today I was so pissed off and I wrote an email to my boss explaining some of the shortcomings that are causing customer frustration and the backlash I am having to deal with on a daily basis. I had the sense to draft it and wait a couple hours before sending so I could re-read and edit with a cooler brain.  So, my boss writes back with nothing much of consequence to say except he is convinced the new team will make it work..is like " huh, really, ya think??". 

Obviously nothing is going to change, and I need to stop caring so much about my customers because frankly nobody else seems to give a damn and there is not much I can do. And I hate feeling this way. However, I have got my concerns now in email so that's that. My colleauge who is in the same role as me feels the same way, so I know that its not just me.

In other news I bought tickets to the show on Friday so that should be good. Hopefully I can actually finish work by 5pm...which seems a tall order.

Hoping tomorrow I can actually get some work done in terms of catching up on paperwork and I still need to submit my expense report for the Seattle trip. Better not forget to do that!

4 comments:

  1. Caring is a lost Art form. I swear that in today's society we push and shove and demand more than ever thinking that we all deserve without having to give back. Its people like you that get the crap end of the stick because you like me do care about others.

    Thinking of you and I hope you do get done with work in time to go enjoy the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you are caught in a truly lousy situation at work. It is worse when you are "stuck in the middle" the way you are. I agree with you that at some point the "new" ones need to man up and take responsibility.

    I hope the rest of the week gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's bad that you have to face the frustrations of the customers. And really, why do those people have to point the finger, why not just commit to fixing it.

    ReplyDelete