So, the "good" was that at my GI appt today I did not have to battle with the PA to get a referreal for a colonscopy.
I was so sure I would need to "make a case" but she was one step ahead. She came in asking me if I was better with the antibiotic but I said no so she reiterated that it could be scar tissue.
She pressed down hard on my side and I yelped. Same spot, same tenderness. She had me do some execises to confirm it was not abdominal wall issues, and at that point she said "we need to look inside". However, given the clean CT scan and blood report she does not expect anythng bad -- but famous last words, right? I told her about IVF and she totally agreed that I should have the checked out beforehand.
So the "Bad" part of the day was that my appt is booked for Wed 25th at 2pm (YIKES!!). That means almost 2 days of no solid food. I really wanted an AM appt, but they were full and I did not want to push it out to the following week.
I told the lady that at my last surgical procedure (egg retrivel - though I did not say that to her), it took 3 nurses almost an hour and they still could not get an IV in me until finally the anesthesiologist got it on her first try. She looked shocked. I said "you may want to accomodate that in your schedule", so she says then maybe you should come in the AM. She has put me on the cancellation list. And my sweet Dad said he will call on Monday to see if they have any spots opened up.
So, overall while I am still in the dark about all this -- I am one step closer towards ruling out something bad. If the colonscopy is clear (praying that it is) then with the CT, blood report etc at least I know its nothing potentially life threatening. If its adhesions they will have to look laproscopically, which means more potential adhesions in future and 4-6 week recovery.
Is the universe telling me something here? Maybe I am not meant to have a child since whenever I take one step forward, I get pushed 3 steps back :-(
Oh and thanks for response on travelling during DE cycle.
My last cycle I had to begin my shots while on a business trip. I was freaked out since it was a new drug I had never taken before, plus was sure they would not let me past security. But it was a breeze in the security line, they did not even question it. The shots were prefilled and did not need refrigeration which made it easy. Lupron, at least the kind I had last time, needs to be kept in the fridge which is why I am wondering how to manage that since most hotels do not have fridges. I suppose the ice bucket would do? I have visions of being out all day and the ice melting and the Lupron getting bad. Any thoughts?
Dinner tonight: Grilled salmon with sauteed baby bok choy and brown rice, perhaps with a pot of decaf green tea.
Hopefully you'll be able to get that AM appointment. I'll keeping you in my thoughts and prayers hoping that it isn't too serious and easily taken care of.
ReplyDeleteHope everything is OK. At least they're being thorough and testing everything. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteHope you find that nothing is wrong with you...or at least get some clear answers! On the Lupron, how about keeping it in the room minibar? Most hotels have those at least...
ReplyDeleteThree steps back and one forward seems to be the name of the fertility game. I don't think it's means you shouldn't have a child. Good luck with the colonoscopy.
ReplyDeleteI don't think it means you are not meant to have a child. I've thought myself that a few times but then I try to remember that there are women out there that have encountered lots of obstacles and they still had their baby at the end. Maybe it wasn't the right timing, maybe they meant to go through other stuff before, who knows, the important thing is that they didn't give up and succeded at the end. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteBTW, your dad reminds me of mine, God bless his heart!