Tuesday, January 24, 2012

In Limbo

Its been very busy at work the past two days which has given me very little time to think obsess over my upcoming procedure.

I would be lying if I said I was not scared. I am scared -- not of the prep or the procedure, but of what they could find.

My brain of course is wired to think of the worst case scenarios which is not helping :-(  A thought struck me today that my quest for having a baby could effectively end on Thursday if the procedure shows something bad. 

Sorry -- don't mean to bring everyone down with this depressing post...but that is sort of where I am.

Today during lunch I bought some fresh flowers and candles and put them in the bathroom, and freshened the house by opening the windows -- yes it was 65 degrees today.  All that made my bedroom and bathroom fresh and cheery so tomorrow while I am "prepping" it looks nice.

My instructions say nothing solid from when I wake in the AM.  At first I was thinking of having a  scrambled egg in the AM around 7am like I did when I had to prep for my myomectomy. But then I decided why chance it -- I don't want to have to do this again due to incorrect prep.

So, tonight I will have a latish dinner, around midnight have a snack......and that's it.  Its all really mental. I am one of those if you say you cannot eat or you cannot use the bathroom it makes me want to even more -- do I sound certifiable?

And of course since its a new year - I am paying most of it out of pocket to meet my annual deductible.

In other news, another cross country trip is in the works in the coming weeks. This time to San Francisco which sucks since I will need to rent a car.  Plus my boss is trying to schedule a trip to Washington DC in 2 weeks for a face-to- face with a prospect.

Oh well....

9 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to comment for awhile now, but maybe this is good time for me to share my experience.

    While I was in grad school I began having abdominal pain. It began in the area I am pretty sure my right ovary is; at times is would migrate up - along my side and towards my navel - and I could even feel it in my back.

    Neither my OB/GYN or the gastroenterologist could find the source of the pain (after an ultrasounda and a colonoscopy). But they ruled out all the things that would be cause for concern. Basically it comes down to the fact that my bowels are likely oversensitive (and hurt when they shouldn't).

    For the most part I don't hurt much anymore. I just know that things aren't quite the way the are supposed to be inside, but apparently it's not a big deal.

    Sorry for the novella length comment, but I just wanted to let you know that it could be nothing (or at least nothing to worry about).

    I hope things go well (for me the prep was the yucky part, I had no after effects from the actual procedure) and you get good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Jen. That is helpful. Its actually quite similar to what I am experiencing. I am able to function without painkillers and go about my workouts, travel etc. So hopefully its one of those idiopathic things that have no cause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a good idea not to risk eating before - why take a chance? The part I hate the most is not being able to drink anything. I usually chug water at midnight and that helps. Good luck with your procedure, I hope that everything goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be thinking of you, kiddo. I hope you have nicer docs than I did a few years ago when they did a lower GI. They started getting the camera and tubes ready before they ever put me to sleep. Not good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the procedure goes well. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not depressing. I think you're normal to worry. I think things will end up fine.

    Good plan to brighten up the house. And don't forget beer is not a solid and is quite nutritious. I say have some for lunch.

    I'm glad I don't have travel across country for work. Periodically I go to Toronto which I really enjoy and its only a 2 hour flight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If we know we can't have something, then that's all we want! Normal, normal, normal..!

    Best wishes for a quick procedure and a healthy outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish you all the best, stuff like that is always scary, I hope everything is OK, hang in there.

    My "new" insurance started in August and I was happy I had met my deductible but now is January and they go by calendar year not a 12month period like I thought, ugh! Insurance companies really have it made!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope everything went well today!

    ReplyDelete