Ladies, thanks for all your kind words and comments. They really made me feel a lot more confident going into the test today.
All went well.
No polyps or tumors found. No evidence of diverticultits or colitis. He did take some tissue sample for biopsy to rule out bacterial colitis and IBD. Even though there was no visible evidence of it he wanted to make sure. He was very pleased that the structure etc were fine, and he was able to go all the way to the right side. I got some nice color photos of my innards.
As you can imagine, I am very relieved of course.
The prep day was yesterday. And it was tough because by 11:30am I was already really hungery and getting beginnings of a hunger headache. The jello etc was not cutting it, so I took a Tylenol and had some beef broth which was better. The prep started at 5pm right in the middle of a 2 hr conference call so obviously I missed half of it. The solution was really salty so that was a bit yucky.
I then had to wake up at 3:30am to down the second half of the solution, which made for a disturbed night.
My Dad took me to the surgical center. I was super nervous about the IV, but thank goodness she got in the first shot. The anesthesiologist was talking to me at the same time and said "you must be nervous because your heart is racing" which I was since I was recalling the egg retrieval IV nightmare where it took 3 nurses, 6 tries and over one hour with no IV in...finally the anesthesiologist had to do it since we were running out of time. It was a nightmare. But this one was easy...first shot - yay!
They were running right on time and I was in recovery at 11:20am. My procedure was at 11am. I was home around noon and just had some tea and toast and took a nap. Woke had some toast and scrambled egg around 2 pm and back to sleep for a couple of hrs.
Just for fun I weighed myself yesterday AM before the prep, and today before I left for the hospital, and I lost 2.2 lbs.
Gonna eat light tonight and drink lots of water and have a probiotic so I can build up some good bacteria.
Again, thanks for your well wishes. You are the best :-)
I'm glad it didn't reveal anything serious. I'm hopeful that the biopsies also are clear.
ReplyDeleteI have IBD its no fun. Mom has gluten allergies and I have a mild form of it along with dairy and red meat. Rather cuts into what I can eat when out at a restaurant.
Hope you are now eating well and that the pain you had subsides. Thinking of you.
So glad to hear the good news! What a relief! Awesome!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear everything went well and they didn't find anything scary! I remember the prep for my colonoscopy - it wasn't pretty!
ReplyDeleteGlad all went well :)
ReplyDeleteIt's a relief to hear such good news. That must really be a load off your mind.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad for the good news and glad it was terrible. I'm also glad you got some pics. I must be crazy because I think that's cool.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad the results came back normal! Rest up and take care. :)
ReplyDeleteWhew, thank goodness all is well! Hope the recovery goes well. You are now on your way!
ReplyDelete