Gorgeous day today - bright sunshine and high 50's.
I did not have much planned and I felt like a long drive so decided to take my Dad out to lunch to a restaurant about an hour away, and we went shopping afterwards to a speciality foods store.
I decided to "take the plunge" and call one of the ladies I mentioned in my earlier post to see if she wanted to go have dinner and see the musical on Friday. The words were barely out of my mouth and she was saying yes. She has four grown kids and at 42yrs had another baby with her second husband. Her hubby's job has him working in the evenings and her son is about 8 yrs now, so she is looking for someone to occasionally do stuff with in the evenings. She is a colleague of my Mom and I have met her several times. She is not the hard partying sort and is interested in art and culture, like me.
So, it may be a good fit. Most cultural events are in the city which is an hour away so sometimes I get lazy to drive all that way by myself.
For dinner tonight I made honey glazed salmon with steamed spinach. It came out pretty good actually. Most recipes are too large for one person so I always get the soy vs honey ratio incorrect. But I think I got it right this time. I should write it down. Of course I was in the store hungry, so picked up a teeney little apple pie - sort of a single serve. So, shall enjoy it while watching the SAG awards.
Back to work tomorrow and more drama I am sure. I need to nail down my DC trip dates for the following week. I have an elderly aunt who lives there so I would like to meet up with her while I am there.
Also, I need to start dusting off the donor cycle paperwork and see what I need to sign. At the every least I should get that submitted this month. The protocol requires a CD 21 start with Lupron, so I don't think I can begin in Feb since that is be 2.5 weeks away, so I guess I will push it to Mar.
The evening out sounds fun. I'm out for dinner Friday with an old friend.
ReplyDeleteI read your previous post and feel the same way about friends. I do feel that I need to rekindle a few though because it would be nice to have a night out every once in a while.
I told the friend I'm out with on Friday about IF. I did it over email and haven't really talked to her since, but I think it'll be fine, she's a wonderful person.
I'm glad that you are getting out and reaching out. I know that it can be difficult, but hopefully it will be worth it.
ReplyDelete漾美眉視訊交友聊天室
ReplyDelete一夜.情情色聊天室
成人免費視訊聊天室
破解視訊聊天室
uthome視訊聊天室
showlive聊天網
視訊聊天戀愛ing
國外視訊 show 免費看
live173 視訊美女
173免費視訊聊天