Saturday, November 5, 2011

Why I chose this title?

I may be offending some of you out there with the title of my post - The Business of Baby. Let me explain, a few days ago I was thinking about my IF journey and being in the corporate world, I immediately began seeing similarities between running a business and managing IF.  There is the project management component of making sure the "project" (eg IVF)  gets done on time and within budget. There is of course the inevitable accounting and finance component. There is the human resources piece involving working with RE, OB/GYNs, nurses, and other staff. The logistics of booking hotels, flights, Dr's appointments and labs for in/out of state treatments. The Legal aspect of reviewing contacts and signing various forms on how to dispose of frozen eggs and embryos. Research and Development (R&D) where we spend hours scouring the Internet to read up on our conditions and google endlessly for potential solutions. And not to forget the marketing/sales component for those of us posting on Miracles Waiting and trying to find donors. I am sure there are more similarities, but these immediately came to mind and I realized - wow I am running a business here -- a business to become a mother, the business of baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment