Sunday, November 13, 2011

Usual Sunday stuff ...

The afternoon get-together yesterday was nice. It was a very low turnout though, but I ended up buying a few things. I really like my yoga instructor. She is a Leo like myself and I would love to hang out with her but she has two young kids so I doubt she has the time to grab a coffee or something, so I have never even suggested it.

Today I have the usual Sunday stuff to do (laundry, vacuuming). Then I have a massage appt at 11am (yay!), after which I may go to the local sushi place for some healthy lunch and green tea. Sunday's being family day, the waitress is always surprised to see me by myself, but I really have no issues of eating alone. Many times when I travel for business I am by myself anyways, so one gets over that weirdness. I moved here a couple of years ago but have not been able to really make friends. Its a very "family" oriented small city, so there are not of professional single women around, well divorced in my case but regardless. All my friends are across the country, in other countries or cities so its mainly phone/email communications with them. 

One of my goals for the coming year is socialize more.  I have seen some nice local Meet Up groups that I may join, but a lot of activities have to do around alcohol, and while I like the occasional glass of wine or Cosmo, I am a light-weight when it comes to alcohol, so I really don't like to drink and drive. I think next year I will start my own Meet Up for folks who like art and culture and we can do trips up to the city to see art exhibitions and shows which is of more interest to me.

Well, I should be off doing some housework. Later today I will pull out my suitcases and begin organizing my clothes for our family vacation starting this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great Sunday. I admire you for getting over the weirdness of eating out alone. Wish we lived in the same city and could hang out.

    ReplyDelete