Saturday, November 19, 2011

Off on vacation

In a few hours I will be leaving on my first real vacation in 4 years.

I have been very stingy with my days off.  Hoarding them the past few years so I have them available when I cycle and in case I need them if I were to get pregnant (yeah right!).

But this time I threw caution to the wind, put IF on the back seat, and decided to use up 3 PTO days plus the holidays to go on a week long family vacation.

I almost bailed. These tickets were booked in Aug at which time I was not sure if my Oct cycle would go through or get pushed out to Nov in which case I could not have made it. 

But I decided to commit.

And I am glad I did.

It gave me something to look forward to after my CP, and preparing for the trip has kept me from thinking too much about my loss.

I need a break from my daily life and to "switch off" for a few days and not be thinking about DE, IVF, ovulation, medication and all things IF that have basically consumed my entire year (or 4).

Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

  1. You made the right decision to commit to the vacation. Let your hair down and relax.

    ReplyDelete