Today I came across my TTC folder on my laptop. I was searching for something and came upon it, so I opened it and it brought back a lot of memories.
Those were the years when my ex and I were TTC naturally. I was so filled with hope that it would all work out. How naive and foolish I was!
In our second month of trying, I was a few days late. I was never late -- I was excited that I maybe pregnant yet all HPTs were negative. Looking back I wonder if it was a chemical. Therein began my long and loyal relationship with Google as I discovered all sorts of information about TTC as well as the horrible stats for my age.
But I digress -- so anyways I looked at this online folder and in there were BBT chart going back to early 2009 when after the obligatory 6 mos of trying, and Drs visits, I got a bit savvy and bought a BBT and religiously would chart my temperature each day.
Then I got more educated and more high-tech, so I bought a digital ovulation kit, and every morning from Day 6 onwards would pee in a cup to test for ovulation. That information on Low/High/Peak's got added to my chart also.
But I was still not satisfied -
So, I created a Word doc where I began recording my daily symptoms, predominantly as a way to recall what I felt on a particular DPO, so I would have a place to refer back and symptom compare. Its got all sorts of information including color coding for OV days.
After a couple of years, that document got too wieldy so I created a summary of the doc -- geez (yes, I know I am Type A!!!)
What a lot of blood, sweat, time, tears and $$ has gone into this process and still no progress, not to mention I am now trying to be a SMC.
I don't know how much longer I can go on this way.
I need to put a deadline on this process for my own sanity and my bank account.
I saw this article on MSNBC today. I have to admit, rather shame-faced, that I bought into the whole celebrity baby thing.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45262603/ns/today-today_health/
I have a spreadsheet of post embryo transfer symptoms, which proved to be dreadfully true last time around. And I too believed time wasn't an issue.
ReplyDeleteI have a "baby making" file too and it's funny the memories it conjures up.
ReplyDelete