I had a pretty good weekend given my frame of mind. On Sat, I skipped yoga and went for a walk in the woods, and later put in about 30 tulip and daffodil bulbs in the ground. Looking forward to seeing them in the spring. On Sunday I drove up to the city to see a condo purchased by a friend and had lunch. I did have a sudden moment of tears driving up on Sunday when I was reminded of my recent chemical pregnancy. I am trying to take the remainder of the year off to contemplate donor eggs -- but I cannot help but think about it all the time - sort of defeats the purpose of taking time off.
This morning I woke up to an email from a colleague in the UK with a link to the Shady Grove fertility center -- asking if I had heard of it and to maybe check it out. This colleague in the UK is a guy whom I have never met and who recently joined the company. When I was cycling back in Oct there was a week when he needed me to support his client and books some meetings. That was the worst timing since he would be calling me just when I was giving myself my AM shots and rushing to the city for my BW/US. So, I emailed him saying, rather cryptically, that I was having "medical treatments" and my schedule was not very certain for that week so I could not give him any specific dates for what he needed me to do. He then calls back and says "I understand what you are going through" and then outright asks me if its IVF? I was taken aback at his astuteness, and said "Yes". Turns out about 15 years ago he and his first wife had done IVF and ended up with twins so he totally understood the whole process and uncertainty and my cryptic email about not knowing schedule tipped him off I guess. He has been really nice and encouraging through the process, checking in with me and providing some words of encouragement while still keeping it professional. I have not told him I am doing this as a SMC, he assumes I have a husband. After my chemical I thanked him for his support and made it known that I appreciated knowing someone IRL who has been through it. It was sweet of him to have sent me the link.
It's wonderful when one opens up about IVF and then people start telling you their stories. There are so many out there going through the same thing or that have gone through it and it's wonderful to share. It has happened to me a few times now and it's an immediate connection, I love that! :-)
ReplyDelete