Monday, November 14, 2011

Productive day on the IF front

I woke up this morning with a goal to book appointments and tests I need to prepare for a donor egg cycle in Feb/Mar.

I booked a visit with my OB/GYN for mid-Dec to test for a few communicable diseases. I am a bit mad at myself since I had gone for my annual in Oct right before I started my IVF and I should have requested her do it then. I did not realize that my one year timeline was coming up after which my RE needs to have them re-done.  Maybe a part of me hoped the IVF would work - sigh?  It is rather odd that they don't do these cultures in the normal annual exam though.

The second thing I need to get done is a Psych Consult with one of several psychiatrists my RE does business with. I am really freaked out about it since I have never been to a psychiatrist and have no clue what to expect. I left a message for the first person on that list, and she called me this afternoon. She was really nice and immediately told me not to worry - I guess its common for people to be worried.  She told me she is not going to be commenting on who can/cannot become parents but it is more to discuss the "ethical and practical" aspects of egg donation. I am booked to meet her mid-Dec as well. Its a one hour consult and then she writes a report - yikes!

I tend to blab a lot when I am nervous so I need to go into this as I would a job interview - answer questions and not needlessly volunteer information.  Of course, this consult is not covered my insurance so it will cost me several more hundred dollars OOP - sigh! 
To add to all this, there is a bunch of travel coming up.

I have my vacation next week, followed by a potential trip to Chicago the week after which I just found out about today. Then a week long trip to Seattle the following week. Neither of the trips dates are 100% confirmed since its still being worked out with customers, so its possible that Seattle gets moved earlier, in which case I get back from vacation and fly out to Seattle the very next day - sigh!  You can see now why its so stressful for me to plan any cycle :-(

Well, at least I am clocking frequent flyer miles.  That is some consolation I suppose.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely doesn't make the planning easy. I hope your boss allows you to be flexible.

    ReplyDelete