Saturday, November 26, 2011

Weekend Plans

I am up bright and early after a good 9+ hrs sleep last night. I dreamt of Rome (of course)!

I do feel wonderfully refreshed having taken time out of my life to actually have fun and have a week of no IF thoughts. Luckily Rome has so much to see and do that it is quite easy to forget yourself. I think what struck me most when seeing these ancient buildings and ruins from hundreds of years ago, is realizing just how very small we are in the giant scheme of life. It seems a bit unreal that 36 hrs ago I was sitting on a  bench in Rome, looking at the Colosseum resplendent in its night lights, and watching traffic and people go by feeling quite like a local.

Plan for today is loads of laundry and unpacking of course which I am already half way through and its only 9am. Then later I need to do some raking, buy some pansies to put in my yard, upload my holiday photos, then go for a belated Thanksgiving to my sister's place. Tomorrow I have a massage booked and then I shall write a blog about my trip.

Hope you are having a great holiday weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous. Rome is one of the places I really think I need to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I bet you had a lovely time! How nice to escape the IF world for awhile - it's a much needed thing to do! :)

    ReplyDelete