Friday, June 29, 2012

Empty Nester and TTC Thoughts

Well, I am an empty nester.

Literally...since the baby birds have flown the coop. It all happened very quickly.

Yesterday morning I saw the chicks in full view. They practically doubled in size overnight. They were happily preening themselves, stretching their wings and spending the morning hours grooming themselves. It was cute because every time they would fluff themselves the breeze would pick up the baby chick dander and blow it around.  They also started venturing on the edge of the nest and sort of hanging out.

Around noon they both took a nap still perched on the edge of the nest. Later in the afternoon, one chick had ventured out to another branch of the maple. That was the bolder one. The nervous one stayed on the edge of the nest. The preening and stretching continued. They were chirping quite vocally all day.

In the evening it seemed the mother bird and the chicks were having a conversations across the yard. She would chirp and them and they would reply back. I think she was encouraging them to fly.

This morning, the nest is empty and it appears from the chirping sounds that they have taken up residence in the large maple in the middle of the yard.

At this point they are on their own, I will still spray the repellant around the big tree in the yard, but not much more I can do.

It has been really awesome getting ringside seats to a nest. Normally they are up high, but this was eye level about 3-4 inches from my window.

In other news, my AC conked off again, so I called the AC guy. You ladies were right it needed Freon which had apparently leaked. He filled it, however, with Freon having tripled in price the past year and his labor, I ended up paying $250 :-(

He said to keep an eye on it and if it stops again due to leakage we need to replace the unit rather than keep refilling it. Its lived its life and I have known that it would need replacing. The cost of it will probably be around 4.5K - yuck!!! 

There has been a spate of BFPs in blogs and IRL.

My colleague in the UK and his wife just got a BFP and fabulous beta after a DE FET in the US. I am really happy for them. She had a miscarriage last year right on X'Mas eve.

Hopefully some of this baby dust floating around the blog world will come my way too.

Right now I am still just praying I get good embryos. I am down to my last vial of sperm!

Also, I just want this TTC journey over soon. Its just dragging on too long and I am getting fatigued with keeping things on hold. I see that belly dancing classes are being offered in the city Rec Center, but I cannot sign up since I don't think jiggling my belly is such a good idea if I have a transfer.

I just want to go on with the next phase of my life, whatever that may entail and really don't want to be cycling for embies endlessly.

But something tells me its not going to be all that easy :-(

What I really have to figure out is that if this cycle I get crap embies AGAIN, what will my next step be?  Should I try and get my money back and call it quits altogether....or do I cycle yet again?

That is the million dollar question I need to resolve in my mind in the next few weeks so I have a game plan.

Of course all this is assuming I even get past lining check in two weeks. Sadly, the one thing this TTC journey has taught me is to never assume anything.

3 comments:

  1. Glad the little chickees flew the nest! Good for you for keeping them safe...
    Yes, it's hard to predict anything with respect to TTC. If you can, just take it one day at a time (impossible of course!)
    Wishing you so much luck with this upcoming cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the freon worked for you! And be damned all the TTC uncertainty! This is your time, down that red raspberry leaf tea & get ready for great news in 2 weeks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe the babies are gone that quickly. Wow.

    You're right about never assuming in this business. The only assumptions of mine that are correct is when I assume I'm not going to get pregnant.

    It has to work for someone so I think your number is up this time.

    ReplyDelete