Thursday, June 14, 2012

Counting down....

My 40 days of fun are drawing to a close.

I only have 4 days left before I start Lupron and that is usually when I eliminate the alcohol and start winding down on caffeine slowly. I like to do the caffeine elimination gradually so I don't shock my system too much by stopping cold turkey. I do drink decaf tea even during TWW, I have to confess.

Not sure how I feel about this cycle - ambivalent perhaps. I don't want to say it feels hopeless, but I am also not super excited. Seems like an annoyance to have to go through a 5-week protocol yet again, wondering and worrying if I will even get a decent embryo or if I will be back at square one. If the protocol was faster I would be more on-board.

You know, I actually find the lead-up to transfer a lot more emotionally exhausting and nerve-wracking than the TWW.  By the time one is in TWW its all out of one's hands entirely - one knows the lining was appropriate, one knows if its a good embryo or not and after that its just a 50/50 chance whether it will work.  However, its this lead up when there are so many variables that can go wrong and have for me in the past, that I have a difficult time with.  Hence, the lack of excitement, I guess.

So, anyways this is my last weekend of "fun" and I have several things planned which I am looking forward to, including Father's Day. I am taking my Dad to an aviation themed restaurant which I know he will enjoy, plus giving him a box set of a WWII British television series which I have seen and really enjoyed. I look forward to watching it with him in the coming weeks.

New tree guy called and they are coming tomorrow afternoon. That will be 48 hrs after I engaged his company!

I am no longer conflicted and feeling guilty about the magnolia tree. Yes, its not ideal to cut down a living tree, but I have no choice. Two years ago I had it trimmed and its grown even more since.

Mommy bird in the maple is doing well. Around 6pm she flew off and I could see two eggs in there, there may be a third. This evening I forgot to close the blinds until past 10pm, so poor thing must have had light flashing in her eyes. I need to remember to close the blinds at dusk, particularly when the chicks come.

Oh and I have checked there is no nest in the magnolia tree, thank goodness.

I got a bill from my insurance for the beta blood draw, so I need to call the clinic and question that. After all the tens of thousands I have paid them it should include the beta test which technically ends the cycle.  Like most medical establishments they like to double dip - charge the customer on the front end and the go to the insurance company from the back-end, grrrrrr.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like your dad and you will have fun this weekend. :-) Awesome about the new tree guy being so prompt. As for the pregnancy test, I know that my contract with my clinic specifies that the pregnancy tests and pregnancy ultrasounds are not part of my flat-rate package. So do you have any paperwork like that you can check?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your last weekend of fun! (Though I do hope you'll be able to find ways to relax and have fun leading up to the transfer.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that the tree was nestless. I'm really hoping that this cycle works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's pretty strange that the cost of the cycle didn't seem to include a blood test. I'm glad there's no nest in the tree.

    ReplyDelete