Saturday, June 16, 2012

Happy State of Mind

Today has been a good day. One of those days when one just feels happy for no apparent reason.

It started with a relaxed cup of tea sitting out in my patio, enjoying the cool summer morning breeze and the new view I see with the magnolia tree removed. Such a nice open feeling.  Normally I get on my laptop upon waking, but today I enjoyed sitting outside and sipping my tea and doing nothing, just reveling in the peacefulness of the morning.

A bit later I went for my yoga class. I was happy to have my fav instructor again and I felt good physically.  Last Sat I was really very tired and sort of dragged myself during class.  Today, however, I was alert and felt strong, as such, I really enjoyed the class. 

My poses felt perfect and I was able to hold my balance on one legged poses really well. Even my instructor complimented me when she walked by me as she went around the room.  And somehow I kept visualizing I was doing yoga in Santorini, Greece. Not sure why given I have never been there, but I pictured myself amidst white-washed buildings on a hillside and looking out over a deep blue sea. I think I was just in a very happy relaxed place mentally.

After I came home, the happy feeling continued and I spent about an hour outside removing all the old dried leaves of the magnolia and cleaning up the woods chips from the stump grinding. Then I decided to go to the plant store to get pine straw. Of course, I could not resist going in and looking at the plants and ended up buying a sunflower plant!  Needless to say I love sunflowers - so I was super excited. I also got another plant to put in the corner of my patio.

In the evening I worked for another hour in the yard laying out the pine straw, feeding the plants with fertilizer and pulling weeds. Then went to dinner to my parents place. I brought my niece back home to check out the house now without the tree and showed her around the garden.

Hope you all are having a wonderful Saturday too!

5 comments:

  1. So happy for you having such a wonderful, peaceful day! Felt like you flowed easily from one activity to the next and had some lovely visions.

    My Saturday was a bit more bumpy but had some wonderful parts like going to an SMC brunch and talking with some really cool ladies.

    I think you'll need to visit Santorini at some point, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a perfect Saturday, hope your Sunday's just as nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a nice and productive day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you going to post photos of the before and after? Love to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lovely day...I miss yoga. And working in the garden can be soooo relaxing. I've been to Santorini, by the way, and it looks just like the pictures you see of it. Someday you'll have to go!

    ReplyDelete