I overslept yesterday morning and missed yoga which was a bummer but oh well. Then I just lazed about all day only unpacking and doing laundry. The house had been cleaned last weekend so there was not much to do. Went for dinner to my parents. My sister and family had returned from their holiday, so we spent the evening talking about that.
Today I finally put in my Paris sketches into the frames and will shortly run some errands, including picking up appropriate picture hanging nails and treat myself to dinner, probably Greek.
Here are some photos of my garden:
Window boxes in front porch. You can see how close the magnolia tree is. Practically in my porch.
Hydrangeas in back of house.
Medley of flowers - white butterfly bush, multi-color lantana, purple hibiscus, red rose bush and Spanish lavender. My take on an English Garden look.
Blueberry bush - I have picked about 12 ripe blueberries so far.
Tomorrow I need to call the tree removal people and schedule the removal of the magnolia and pruning of two other trees in the front yard. The yard guy finally came last Thursday after I had my Dad call him. The grass was almost 4 inches tall in the 2 weeks and the yard looked awful. He cut it but then all the remnants blew into my pine staw and now that looks awful. I really hope he comes every week as I want. I don't like my yard looking shabby.
The useless bank sent me an invoice for payment of monthly dues on the OLD mortgage, so I need to call them tomorrow and tell them its cancelled and a new mortgage has been set-up. The left hand obviously does not seem to know what the right hand is doing - typical.
I expect it to be a very busy week at work. I emailed the DE Nurse about CD1, so I should get my calendar tomorrow. Expect transfer (if I get that far) to be third week in July. Yuck -- so far away!
Putting it out in the universe for you: You will get to transfer!! Lovely garden :-)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful garden photos - I love gardening too! Looks like if all goes well, our transfers may happen around the same time.
ReplyDeleteThe garden looks lovely - so much further along that it is here. No worries, July will be here before you know it.
ReplyDeleteI hope that they can remove the magnolia tree without causing too much damage to the remaining landscaping you have in place.
ReplyDeleteYour plants look so much better than mine! I'm glad you took it easy this weekend. You deserve it after being so busy.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful garden!! Love those window boxes, your place looks lovely! And you will get to transfer :)
ReplyDeleteYour garden is lovely! And you are NEVER a slug. Your weekends are always so productive, once in a while you need to slow down. So excited for your upcoming transfer, will be here before you know it!
ReplyDelete