Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Surviving

The baby chicks are surviving and growing. They have their eyes open and are now chirping when Mom or Dad come to feed them. They have doubled in size the past 48 hrs it seems.

The evil cat, Blackie, has not been seen since Sunday night, although I am taking measures such as spraying cat repellant daily around the tree and dressing the branches in aluminum foil to avoid any confrontation.

Once the chicks start foraging I am not sure what I will be able to do to protect them though since they will be hanging out in low bushes and hopping around. If I know where they are I could spray more cat repellant. But not sure how far I can take this :-(

On TTC front, I am halfway through the Lupron and had my supression check yesterday which went fine. It was done a bit earlier due to scheduling conflicts. The fibroids are still too tiny to be of  any concern so I was relieved since my last non-medicated period was heavy and I was worried they may have returned.

Gonna keep plodding along taking the Lupron for another week before I start the Estrace. I had a few days of headache but that seems to have subsided.  I really need to start my prescription pre-natals but they have such complicated instructions - one hr before a meal or 2 hrs after but not if you have had tea/coffee.....so I cannot figure out when to take them exactly given my eating/drinking habits.  I am only having one caffeinated beverage in the AM and a decaf in the evening. When I start Estrace I will switch to both decaf.

Last night the AC downstairs conked out. It suddeny got very hot and I noticed no cool air was blowing. Now while I can do just fine with the ceiling fan, my Lupron needs to be kept at below 76 degrees. I tried turning the thermostat on and off with no luck. The upstairs was working fine so I just turned off the downstairs unit entirely and went to bed. This morning when I turned it on it came on okay, so I will just keep an eye on it and not meddle with it too much. Its the original unit that came with the house so about 12 years old and I know I will have to replace it sooner or later, just hope its later.

Not much else going on really, so I may not be posting daily but shall be reading and commenting as always. 

Have a great rest of the week.

3 comments:

  1. Those prenatal directions are a mess, wonder how long you have to wait to take them if you've had coffee or tea? Could you abstain from any coffee just so you can start taking them? And I had the same problem with my meds, trying to keep them at average temperature despite the heat. The coolest place was the closet since I didn't run the AC while I was at work. All this strategizing! Maybe you could contact an HVAC company to have them add freon to your unit & see how cost effective that would be vs. replacing a larger home unit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The AC could have frozen up if it's low on freon. I just hate paying someone to come out, look at it, and then tell me it's doing the best it can in this temperature. I am awful at not really paying much attention to when meds are supposed to be taken in terms of eating, etc. though I have to take prenatals at night so I don't burp fish oil all day. ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep away Blackie, and AC, don't you conk out! I'm glad you're starting the next cycle, wishing you the best of luck with it...

    ReplyDelete