Okay so as one commenter pointed out my blog post titles for Feb are kind of depressing, so I have decided to change it up a bit.
So, no more talk of work for the remainder of the week. Instead I will talk of other topics.
Today was a very productive day on two fronts -
Firstly, I have completed the DE paperwork and I got the forms notarized. So, all I need to do is put them in an envelope and drop them off on Sunday at the RE's office. I am pleased that I have been able to make the time and that its done, so one step forward.
The second big accomplishment was that I was able to finish tabulating my medical deduction for 2011. I had started on Sunday if you recall, but I still had a ton to get done. The big ticket items were easy to compute and gather receipts. What took a long time was reconciling the rest of my medical visits (surgery, dr visits, etc) with associated receipts. Now that this time-consuming job is done, completing my tax return will be fairly easy. I am still waiting on one tax statement which I should get by end of the month.
All in all, I am feeling like I have accomplished two very big things today, and plan to spend the rest of the evening vegging out and watching a movie. I did a re-do dinner from last night, so I am nice and satiated.
One poster asked me about polenta. I bought instant polenta. I had a hard time finding it initially, but I finally found a packet which was imported from Italy. It was super easy. Just bring water to a boil and slowly add in the polenta while stirring and as you keep stirring it thickens up. Of course one can add butter or cheese at that point but even on its own its pretty yummy. It does harden when it cools so its best served immediately. The leftover was firm enough that I could cube it into bite size pieces, and it stayed cubed even with sauteeing. Next time I will take it off the heat a bit sooner than I did this time so its creamier.
And as someone commented, yes saugage with greens are awesome. I particularly love kale. I like making sausage, white bean and kale soup. I have not had broccoli rabe in a long time. Used to eat it a lot when I was in CA.
I like to make myself good meals, even if I am by myself. After all, if I don't care about what food I put in my body who will. Plus there are so many yummy veggies and stuff out there to try. Of course, it really helps when the fridge is stocked up like it is this week.
I realized that the next few weeks are going to be exciting since several of the ladies on the blogs are in their TWW or getting ready to transfer, so hopefully we will see a trend of BFPs and nice betas :-)
BTW -- I removed the word verification on Comments. I am noticing off late there are two words instead of one word verification on most blogs and they really difficult to decipher. So, I have removed that requirement off my blog.
I've been avoiding my medical reciepts because it'll mean I'll know exactly how much I spent on infertility last year. It's whopping, I know that.
ReplyDeleteI agree on feeding yourself well. You feel amazing when you do it too.
glad you are feeling more cheerful. there is nothing like getting done with some tedious tasks to make you feel good. i am planning to tackle some home filing/organization stuff the week i get back to kill some time. and thanks for the well wishes, i hope to goodness we all get bfps....that would be so amazing!
ReplyDeleteWith any luck we'll be filing our taxes next week. I've saved all our receipts too. I can't believe what I've spent on ttc!
ReplyDeleteSorry!!!! I wanted for you to see what I noticed about the blog titles! You are more than welcome to tell me to shut up! Our blogs are our safehaven to vent, so its expected that we let out our poobum feelings here. If life was all rosey, I guess we really wouldn't be here.
ReplyDeleteI enjoy reading your blog, as its not ALL trying for a baby. More behind the ovaries so to say.
Have a fabulous weekend..!
Well done on getting all your medical receipts together! It's something I've been dreading and procrastinating about.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could be as good about cooking for myself as you are. I *like* to eat well, but sometimes it feels too much like work. :)