Monday, February 27, 2012

Lost my Zen :-(

Okay this is a bit of a rant post!

This morning I lost that zen feeling that I had this weekend about my DE cycle and that whole "it will happen when it happens" approach.

Maybe the email that came in this morning from my boss's assistant about a 5 day long business trip to San Jose in end April jolted me out of the wonderful head space I have been in.

Crap - that is when I will be cycling and potentially transferring if I do an Apr/May cycle which is why I wanted to do Mar/Apr since I knew the quarterly meeting will occur around end Apr.  I hate my job!!!

So, I called my RE's office to see what the heck is taking them one week to get me on their DE program. I called my dr's office who gave me the DE program coordinator's number so I left her a VM this afternoon.

Then around 4:30pm, just when I am on a call with a customer my phone rings and it the coordinator of course. I actually put my customer on hold to take the call -- I did NOT want to play phone tag.

So, she says they cannot find my paperwork. I am like what the H***??!   I drove all the way up there two Sunday's ago to drop it off.

And I really don't want to have to go and pick up the papers AGAIN not to mention have to go get it notarized etc. Such incompetence!

She said she will look for it, and it usually takes them 48 hrs to turn it around and give me access to the donor profiles.

She said she will call me in the AM.

I am really annoyed. My Nurse says she sent it to them on Tuesday so where the heck are they??  They have separate locations within the city and they are still using paper forms, so who knows where it is in inter-office mail.

Definitely does not give me much confidence in their abilities. Geez!

On another note, I went to my OB's office this morning to get a blood test to re-check my Vit D levels. They were at 27 about 8 weeks ago, which is just shy of the low normal-end which is 30. So, she had put me on once a week D2 for 8 weeks.  I am also taking 1000 D3 a day the past 8 weeks, so hopefully that should be better now. Not that I care how it impacts my egg quality (sigh!), but because it builds immunity which is why I got it tested.

I think I will email my Nurse tonight and get her started with ordering my meds which is yet another long drawn-out stressful affair through the speciality pharmacy of my insurance company.

They have a process of approvals and who knows what and everytime I have wanted shipment there is some snafu -- I swear every single time - even when they tell me "its all done, all you need to do is call and tell us to ship", when I call there is this new whole rigmarole to go through again!

Sigh -- I have lost my zen :-(

Oh and yet another celebrity pregnant at 42yrs of age. How the heck do they do it?????
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/27/uma-thurman-pregnant-baby_n_1304968.html

7 comments:

  1. Argh! I hate when stuff like that happens! This process is frustrating enough without stupid mistakes being made. I'm so sorry, I hope they figure it out soon. Don't worry just yet about the business trip. There are so many moving pieces, you never know when you're actually going to start cycling. I'll tell you how those celebrities do it - the same as us! Some of them do donor eggs and don't talk about it as well...we'll never know who has and who hasn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are always roadblocks and ups and downs throughout this process - so annoying. I hope they find your paperwork. That's ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the things I'm learning being an infertile; you need to follow up with everyone. It shouldn't be like that. I hope they find the paperwork.

    Oh, and the preg celebrities. Donor eggs, that's how they do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone stole mine too! I am Zen free! Grrrrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loathe people who lose our paperwork then expect us to jump through hoops to submit more of it.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Urgh. How frustrating! Keep on them until they get things sorted out!

    Pregnant older celebrities - they've probably done IVF and/or donor eggs. If only money weren't an issue for the rest of us...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you're having these difficulties with your paperwork! So frustrating.

    I saw that post this AM...I feel your pain. Or annoyance.

    ReplyDelete