Sunday, February 26, 2012

Taxes, Art and Os.cars

Its been a nice and productive few days.

On Friday, I completed my Federal taxes - woohoo - took me less than an hour including all the Schedules, and other worksheets. I usually do a first pass which is what I did, and then go over it again in a few days to recheck and finalize. I did not have my State Tax form so that is still pending, but its easy and should only take about 20-30 min to complete. I plan to file it by Mar 15 so I can get my refund quickly.

Yesterday (Sat) was yoga. It was a good class, excpt that I have noticed off late that my right wrist has been painful during yoga. I think its the beginning of carpal tunnel, so I asked my yoga instructor for wrist stretching/strengthening exercises. I want to be proactive and take care of it now before it becomes bad. After yoga I went to the library and picked up the State tax forms and a couple of books to read. I was embarrassed that my membership had expired since 2009. Geez!

Today I had a free day with nothing pressing to do in the house. So, after I was done cleaning out my fridge in the morning, I decided to drive to the city to see an art exhibition on Modern Art.

I am not much into Modern Art, but if a show comes to town I like to take the opportunity to see original works by artists, such as, Picasso, Matisse, etc. 

It was nice exhibition and quite crowded.  Its interesting how noisy museams are in the US compared to Europe. Over there people talk in hushed tones or basically don't talk at all which is how it should be in my opinion. Today the noise level at the main exhibition was like being in a  restaurant, quite distracting :-(  But I got to see some beautiful artwork.

I returned home around 4pm, and shall  spend the evening watching the pre-show, red carpet and the Oscars. I really hope Merly Streep wins tonight -- she is such an awesome actress. I will be rooting for her!

And my first daffodil has bloomed!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Flowers blooming already...so jealous! We just got hit with a major winter snowstorm - ahh the Great White North - gotta love it! Congrats on getting your taxes all pulled together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am in awe of you. Yoga, taxes, and some culture - all in one weekend! You're making me feel bad about myself ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to our post library in ages. I just have way too many books to read at home. But I forgot that they also carry movies and games there too. Think I'll have to head back again for a peek.

    ReplyDelete