Sunday, February 5, 2012

This and That

I am sort of a day behind in my postings so today will do a weekend summary.

Yesterday morning I went for yoga, and they actually had the class which itself was a good thing given I have gone few times before when it was cancelled.

It was a good class, but tough since she makes us hold poses for what seems like forever. I came back had lunch and took a nap. Then at 5pm had a massage appt. Given the crazy week I had I decided to do Anxiety Relief aromatherapy so that was very relaxing.

At night, I watched a movie to stay up late so at about 12:30am I logged into Ticket.master to buy a ticket for Le Mis. Of course, given the presale started in Dec, the Sat matinee was almost all sold out. There were no main floor orchestra seats except disabled ones. I was not sure if I could buy one of those not actually being disabled -- does anyone know?

Regardless, I did get a good seat on the balcony. It was priced similar to orchestra so I am assuming it will be good.  I have never been to this theatre so am not too familiar with the seating. 

I did not buy $7 ticket insurance, but may go back today and purchase it. The show is in a couple of months and it may well be that I have my transfer that day or thereabouts.  I paused for a bit thinking about that before purchasing, but keeping with my resolution of not letting TTC control my life, I bought the tix.  Even if I have transfer that day I can still go see the show. My RE office tells us not to do bedrest since studies have shown that walking around increases blood flow to the uterus. They do suggest to take it easy that day. I am sure watching a 3 hrs show is taking it easy.

The other reason for buying a Sat matinee was I can be sure that I will be in town in terms of business travel.

Today I plan to stay home in my PJ's and catch up on laundry and mail, a bit of light cleaning and if weather permits a walk. I also want to figure out my clothes for my DC trip later this week.

I also want to dust off the DE paperwork and begin filling it out.

I think all the work stress is causing my GERD to play up. I have been coughing at night and waking up to that awful bitter taste. I have not had that in ages so can only attribute it to stress.   I am taking my Zan.tac. I think I will take it regularly twice a day over the next week, to get it under control.

Hope you all have a relaxed Sunday.

5 comments:

  1. I've read conflicting things about activity after an embryo transfer. I ususally take it easy the first day and then fly home the next day. I figure humans would be extinct if getting pregnant required days of bed rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have GERD. Because of TTC for several years I've been off my Prilosec. I can't take it because its a category B drug. But ginger capsules, peppermint tea and tums seem to help. Have you tried any of those?

    I'm hoping that soon you'll be able to do your DE cycle. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebecca - yes, I only take Zantac whan I am not actively TTC. You are right it cannot be taken in TWW and 1st tri. I have not tried the ginger, but I do have papaya emzyme which is supposed to help too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's interesting that you ladies are saying prilosec can't be taken during the first trimester because it is category B. My GERD med is omeprazole which is a category C and my IVF coordinator just asked me to change to Prilosec. She did not say anything about not taking the meds at all.

    ReplyDelete