Thursday, February 2, 2012

Groundhog Day...or Not!

Evelyn at Baby Makes 2 suggested that today we do something out of our normal routine, sort of like an anti-Groundhog Day.

Given my life is so generally so monotonous, I figured why not.

It was fun just thinking about what I could do differently, so here is what I have done:

  • Finished work early at 4:30pm, which is very rare for me.  I was working until 11pm last night so I guess I needed a bit downtime
  • I painted my fingernails and toenails a shade of bright pink.
  • I wanted to eat lunch out, but had a conference call at that time, so brought lunch in. 
  • I decided to make stir fry for dinner but instead of boring chicken, I used beef and changed the usual way I dice my veggies so they had different shapes. I also went with green and yellow theme, so yellow squash, zuchhini, green and yellow pepper and green onions.
  • Also instead of my usual brown rice, I bought and made wheat egg noodles
  • I listened to a different radio station while I cooked.
  • I plan to give myself a facial later tonight.
Something really interesting happened when I was cooking.

I was washing the organic green pepper and I heard something inside it -- like there was something loose in there rattling when I shook it.

When I cut it open inside it was a baby pepper - loose, not attached - but the most amazing thing is it looked like a fetus. I am not kidding, I will take a photo of it. Its like a tiny human fetus made of green pepper. I was so shocked at first and then burst out laughing. It is the weirdest thing I have ever seen. I am not TTC right now -- but wouldn't that be a good sign if I was!

In other news --

In order to take back control of my life from a 4-year, TTC induced, mind-numbing fog, I have decided that 2012 shall be different.

Towards that end I have started an online language course. It keeps me busy in the evenings, and I am really getting into it.

Then this morning I saw an ad in the local paper for a new gym which is offering boxing lessons. I have always wanted to give boxing a try.  I am sure its a super workout for arms and I don't have much upper body strength so it may be good. I will call tomorrow and check on costs and timings. It would be fun to try at least.

Tomorrow I have dinner and a musical planned with my new (maybe) girlfriend. I plan to wear my knee high black boots with a cute outfit.

Of course I am so excited about all this new stuff that my donor paperwork is taking a back seat. I suppose its just been so wonderful to not have to think TTC for a couple of months and not have live my life in 2 week increments that I want to just extend it a bit longer.

Last year I had this horrible sense of urgency given I was using my old eggs, now I am a lot more relaxed I guess.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day. I am glad you're getting some pleasure out of life...we all need a break from TTC now and again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome day. You did a great job. I think we need to do this more often.

    I say the green pepper fetus is definitely a good sign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a pretty good day to me. You do need to take more care of yourself. Yeah, definitely post the green pepper fetus. But that is about as close as I want to get to a green pepper. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great that you're in a good place about TTC! So weird about the pepper inside the pepper. I've had that happen before but it didn't look like a fetus - funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen the pepper within a pepper before. That and the double yolk egg can sometimes freak people out. Both were omens of good things to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little green pepper baby inside! Even if you are not TTC, I think it's a great sign!! :-) Love the new stuff you are doing, love the mani and pedi, the facial, you are inspiring me, I shall try some new class before my transfer, too. Keep it up, life is a gift, even without babies :-)

    ReplyDelete