Monday, March 11, 2013

You never stop being a Parent

How often have we heard these words said, or read them in blogs and it is so true. One never stops being a parent whether your child is 4 mos, 4 years, 14 years or 40 years.

The reason I say that is because ever since I became pregnant, I have noticed my parents have become a lot more "parent-like" and its been very sweet to see them suddenly treat me like a kid.

For example, on cold days if I called my Mom and mentioned I was going to the grocery store or any place she would say "make sure you wear you scarf, gloves and a wool cap since its cold outside".  Or my Dad will say "stay away from crowded places since there is a lot of flu going around."

Or if I am walking somewhere with either of them they always say "watch your step there is a puddle" or "hold on to the banister while coming down the stairs" etc. My Mom is always opening doors for me when we go shopping or to eat out.

I find it really cute that they feel so protective of me and Beanie. I guess to them I will always be their child, regardless of how old I am.

Today I had my weekly MFM appt for a bio physical profile (BPP).  It went fine. Beanie put on a good show and the doctor was happy.  She remarked that I looked really good, which felt nice coming from a health professional.  My BP was 110/64, so no worries on that account.  I have always been worried about pre-e since I have many risk factors - age, first pregnancy and using DE which amplifies the risk several fold apparantly.

Tomorrow I have my OB appt. Its in a different city about 20 min away since she is not at the local office this week. My Dad has insisted upon driving me there in the morning since I am "so far along" and they would feel better about it.

I am truly blessed to have such a good support system.  My neighbor next doors is going to have her son take my garbage cans up and down the driveway for the next couple of months until I am recovered from the surgery to do so myself.

My Dad has been helping out, even though I am perfectly capable. It is a steep driveway and I get a bit winded but its doable plus I don't want my Dad doing it. But I got yelled at by my Mom last week for taking them down and back up, so I asked my neighbor and she was happy to help. I offered to pay her son, but she refused.

Another neighbor across the street called me last week to see how I was doing since she had not seen me for a while. She too offered if she could help in any way which is really kind of her.

9 comments:

  1. It is great to have that support and to have neighbors that look out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have an awesome support system in place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have wonderful parents. When you talk about your dad it always reminds me of mine. Enjoy them. Continue treasuring every minute of your time with them. The love they have for you is probably the biggest love there is. I miss mine so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you have supportive people in your life. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My parents have been the same way throughout my pregnancy. And I know I could've never made it this far without their help!! It's comforting to know you have such sound support system in place! Glad things continue to go well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your parents sound so sweet. :) My mom is very much the same. She flips out about me carrying a load of laundry up from the basement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you have a good support system in place. I didn't know about the increased risk with donor eggs. Wondering why they didn't tell me that since I already am on blood pressure medicine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you google it, there have been some studies. http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/11/25/us-donor-eggs-idUSTRE6AO3DY20101125

      Not sure why they did not mention it, neither did my docs only I had already read about it beforehand so I asked my RE who said it was an increased risk just as using a young egg in an older body is another risk factor :-( I mentioned it to my OB -- they just nodded their head because there is nothing that can be done to prevent it. In any case they will be monitoring you due to AMA.

      Delete
  8. I can't help but think how happy your folks are going to be with a new baby to love.

    ReplyDelete