Had an OB appt today so went there armed with a list of questions.
I had an uncomfortable night yesterday. My chest felt heavy and the baby is jammed up against my ribcage making breathing difficult. Of course the stuffy nose and congestion do not make things easy, so I was up until late, feeling exhausted but unable to sleep.
Anyhow, she said it was all normal and as I anticipated, its now getting to a point where many things are generally becoming uncomfortable.
Today they did a Strep B swab and re-tested my iron levels. I had been noticing increased discharge since yesterday after couple of weeks of relative dryness, so she swabbed to ensure it was not amniotic fluid and it was not.
She then asked me if I wanted to do a cervix check, so I foolishly said 'yes'. Wow, those things hurt! I have been through so many uterine procedures with IVF etc, but this one really made me gasp and take deep breaths. The cervix is closed tight which was good.
But......
Since the check, I am getting sharp stabbing pain in my vagina. It stops for a while and then starts up again. I am not too worried right now since the cervix was closed, but its super uncomfortable.
Not sure of its just my body protesting the cervical check, or if its Beanie bumping me, but I hope it stops.
May need to take a Tylenol if it persists. I probably should have left my cervix alone!
I am laughing because with my son I had a cervix check and the same thing happened. I felt the shooting pain in that area for a whole day. I started to get worried but by the next day I was better, so she must had aggravated a nerve or something. Everything is super sensative in there. So happy things are progressing well. It will be soon and she will be!! :)
ReplyDeleteThis is the not so fun part of pregnancy, when it seems like you'll be pregnant forever! Only a few more weeks now!
ReplyDeleteOuch! That cervix check does not sound fun! Glad it's still closed though, and all the signs you're having are confirmed normal. Sending good thoughts.
ReplyDeleteI've decided cervical checks are the work of the devil! Glad things are "normal" even tho they feel anything but!
ReplyDeleteHoping that the pain subsides soon.
ReplyDelete