Today was Beanie's growth scan after 3 weeks.
If you recall she was 5lb11oz three weeks ago and in the 90% percentile, up from 63rd percentile two weeks prior which I thought was odd.
Well, today she is a wee 6lb2oz which is 33rd percentile.
WTH?
I don't get it...she only gained 7oz in 3 weeks??? That does not seem right. Although, I myself have only gained 1 lb.
Her other measurements were accurate for gestational age now. She was measuring 2 weeks ahead at last scan. The technician was not worried and the MFM doctor was not at all concerned. Basically anything between 10-90th percentile is normal and so long as her head/abdomen/femur measure right for gestational age they are satisfied.
Amniotic fluid is fine and she scored an 8/8 on her BPP. They did not even bother to measure my cervix since if she comes now, she is practically full-term.
My Mom came along with me.
Beanie was really shy today and kept hiding her fact with her arm and hand. I did figure out that the cute bony lump I often feel on my left side is her knee.
This was my last MFM visit - yay!!!
The Dr gave me a hug and was very happy with the progress and said "so we'll see you next year?" as in next time you are pregnant.
I laughed and said not sure. I am just praying that Beanie is healthy and while I would love to have a sibling for Beanie, I doubt I will have another baby at my geriatric age.
My Mom looked a rather taken aback at this whole exchange ;-)
So, anyways Beanie may be a petite little thing. I will up my protein intake this week. I had backed it down after that whole 90th percentile shocker from last time.
Today is my first day off.
So busy running loads of personal laundry -- sheets, towels etc and to prepare the guest room for my Mom's stay. Got some books from the library to take to the hospital next week.
Is it possible that their measurements aren't entirely accurate? (I really know nothing about this sort of thing.)
ReplyDeleteI had to laugh at your "geriatric" comment. I think you're more youthful and energetic than a lot of women in their 20s!
FWIW, I have heard that measuring a baby's size via ultrasound is very difficult, and so the measurements are notoriously inaccurate. What really matters is that the baby is growing appropriately -- which sounds like she is. The actual poundage is less important than the overall trend.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes to you both!
I can see why you're confused with those measurements! But it seems like its in a good range now-yes a tad petite but pretty normal. Yay for last MFM visit! Excited for the big event! :-)
ReplyDeleteNext week. Holy smokes. I guess you'll know her true size pretty soon.
ReplyDeleteYay! I am glad that she is in great shape and I am looking forward to pics once she makes her appearance.
ReplyDeleteConfusing measurements over the 3 weeks. Eeep! I woouldn't have a clue what to make of all that, but if the Doc seems comfortable then there's nothing to worry about.
ReplyDeleteOne more week and Beanie will be here!
ReplyDeleteI really do not think they are exactly accurate with the weight. They told me that my little girl was 4 pounds 2 ounces but the next day when she was born, she was 3 pounds 11 ounces. :)
ReplyDeleteWow. Only a week away. I think we're all on pins and needles for you!
ReplyDelete