Monday, March 25, 2013

The Day Before....

So, its the day before Beanie's arrival.

Wish I could say I am jumping up and down with excitement, but to be honest I am really tired. Think its a combination of physical and mental fatigue.

The wind has been whipping wildly for over 24+ hours and I don't like wind. It makes a racket, with trees swishing and things rattling and it makes me generally very nervous and unsettled. As a result, I did not sleep well last night. I can hear it a lot in my bedroom, especially since its comes up the corridor between the row of homes and makes sort of a weird sound. On some nights I have actually come down and slept on the couch.

Also, I am now having to sleep almost completely sitting up due to the reflux so that is getting uncomfortable too.

So, all in all just feeling more anxious, than excited at this point.

I have pretty much done everything I need to do and am packed and ready.

Funny story. I had requested my Dad to get me a bunch of batteries from the Dollar Store a while back since I am always running out.  Yesterday I put some in my camera so I have fresh batteries for the hospital.  I took some photos and the camera kept shutting off.  Finally I called my Dad and he reminded me that the dollar store batteries do not work on cameras only things like clocks/remotes etc. He got me regular batteries and voila, the camera works :-)

Yesterday was my last night alone at home. My Mom is spending tonight at my place.

It all seems very surreal as I sit here with the quiet of the house knowing that it will all change. I was talking to my parents about it when they came over for a short while. Sharing that it is all suddenly feeling very real and a bit daunting, to be honest.  I have been getting moments of "OMG -- what the heck am I doing here?"   They were really sweet and supportive and validated that its normal to feel that way about a big change in life.  My OB had said the same too - and I think most first time parents feel like that (I hope!).

Heck, at least I know what is coming tomorrow, poor Beanie is unaware that she will be making her debut and not be all warm and cozy in my womb for longer. She is ready to come out. I can sense it, she is very tight in there and is moving a lot during the day.

I did get approval to swallow a capful of Miralax at lunchtime to ensure that I have no um..blockage issues tomorrow and going forth. I was expecting a "bowel prep" as I had done for the fibroid surgery so it was a pleasant surprise.

Also, I have been allowed to eat something at 4am tomorrow, so I am not going 16+ hours without food which would be impossible for me. They only require 8 hours no food/drink.

So that is it, ladies. Thanks for all your love and support.

I do request that you keep me and Beanie in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow so we have a safe delivery and healthy delivery.

I will update you as soon as I am able. I don't have a smart phone, so it will have to be when I can access the laptop.

20 comments:

  1. Yayyyyyyy...time is here. can't wait to see the little girl!!!! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you & Beanie. I will be thinking of you both tomorrow & sending good vibes. & don't worry, many times I have had that feeling of, "OMG, what have I done" but it's always replaced by other feelings, mostly joy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you made it girl! You and Beanie will be in my mind all day. I wish you the best of luck, try to get some sleep tonight, tomorrow will most likely be the best day of your life. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so very happy and excited for you - and for Beanie! You will both be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. Rest up and let your mom take care of you tonight. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definitely be thinking of you and sending prayers tomorrow! Your daughter is almost here, wow. I, too, think that some freak out thoughts are normal. Glad you have your parents support and your mom with you tonight. Sending a hug and lots of support!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will definitely be thinking of you! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be think of you guys all day. I'm really excited for you. Even though it will probably be stressful I think it will end up being the best day of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will be sending thoughts and prayers all day! So exciting. I have bee having the same Omg thoughts and agree it is because we are having a big life change! This life change is going to be awesome! Can't wait for your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck tomorrow - you and beanie are going to do great!!

    C/s tip .... The sooner you start moving the better you feel ( after the first 12-16 hours when they allow you up). Also " splint " apply pressure to your incision when you cough , laugh and get up!!! Reduces the pain by 50%.
    ( ask you nurse how to splint your incision - just visited 2 fresh c/s and neither of the knew about splinting incisions - I remembered from OB nursing school and boy did it help with my c/s!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck!!! It is totally normal (and healthy) to have OMG moments! Can't wait to hear how it all goes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Is it here already? I am so excited for you and cannot want to meet little bean. :) Will be thinking of you both tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tomorrow is a good day to bring new life into the world! Will be thinking of you and Beanie tomorrow and saying a prayer for you both. xoxo

    I had horrible sleep the nights before Finn was born, too, including a huge thunderstorm the night before. I think it's Mother Nature's way of saying she's excited to meet our LO's, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck tomorrow! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So exciting, I will be thinking of the two of you tomorrow! I can't believe the time is finally here for you to meet your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! Understandable to be anxious. But after such a stressful pregnancy start how lovely to be here. Will definitely pray.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Luck! Can't wait to meet your sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hoping that all goes well today. Many blessings are being wished for you and your baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thinking of you. Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thinking of you and your impending arrival! Be prepared for instant love. It is so worth it! Here's to a speedy recovery and experience that is everything and more!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Keeping you and Beanie in my thoughts! Can't wait to hear from you again! Enjoy your little bundle of love.

    ReplyDelete