Today is going to be a staying-home-in-PJs day.
I have not had one of those days in a long time since every weekend, including this past week, has involved going out someplace.
It all caught up with me yesterday when around 12pm I started having cramps and pain in my lower abdomen. My parents were over to do a few things and I realized I was bone tired and needed a day off from all the last minute things I have left to do.
So after about 12:30pm I just lay on the couch, hydrated myself and napped, had lunch and rested more. I did not do any of the work I had planned and cancelled my massage as well.
The pains worried me a bit since I did not know if it was early contractions or gas (a common conundrum), plus Beanie was very sluggish as well. I figured it was gas mostly and Beanie was moving, just not as much so I did not get totally panicked but was worried for a few hours. By about 6pm she back to her normal self and the pains subsided.
Today I plan to stay in all day.
Its pouring rain so less incentive to go out. I will try and get the things done I did not get to yesterday.
My lower abdomen feels funny (heavy?) this morning, but no cramps. I think Beanie has just moved further down, so will keep an eye on it and call my OB if it worries me. Beanie is moving around normally, so I am not as concerned.
We are 3 days away now --hang in there, Beanie!!!
So close now. Hope you aren't in too much pain while waiting out the next three days.
ReplyDeleteShe must have just been tired too. Take it easy.
ReplyDelete3 days is so soon! Sleep while you can!
ReplyDeleteThree days? Wow! I love days in. Reading a book, watching a movie, catching up or discovering a series on Netflix...good times. :)
ReplyDeleteKeep taking good care of yourself and listen to your body. Will be thinking of you for the next few days :)
ReplyDeleteThree days?? How exciting!! Try and get as much rest as possible. Here are my post C section tips: TAKE the pain meds. Get out of bed as soon as possible. And love every single minute of it. Looking forward to hearing about Beanie soon!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Angie. Hope your recovery is going well.
DeleteI've been having some weird pains too. Walking around is definitely not so much fun anymore. Three days - wow. I still have a few weeks to go. Can't believe you will meet your little one in just a few short days. Good luck!
ReplyDeletethank you, God!! i'm so happy for you & this blessing of a baby girl! yes, get up & moving as soon as possible & ask for a binder if they don't immediately give it to you. the first time you get out of bed post-c-section your stomach's gonna feel like falling out. the binder will give you terrific support.
ReplyDeleteit's alllllllllll about you & Beanie, your new, happy family. i just said a prayer for you both, all the best!!