Saturday, March 30, 2013

Short Update

Beanie had pretty high bilirubin levels :-(

They saw that on Day 2 and she was put under the lights for about 16 hrs while we were there. Her level dropped.

However, yesterday before we were discharged, we were told her level was back to moderate risk and to supplement breast milk with formula. We did that all day and night to induce more peeing and pooping which it did.

This morning we had to go back to the hospital to get another blood test and the levels are now even higher at high risk category :-( 

The hospital pediatrician called this afternoon, expressing his concern. He told me to stop breast feeding and only give her formula and as much as she wants so again to induce elimination from the body.

Another blood test tomorrow.

If the level rises she will need to be admitted back to the hospital for photo therapy :-( 

Poor Beanie. Praying she is better tomorrow. 

14 comments:

  1. Oh, poor Beanie, hope the formula does the trick. How are you feeling? Are you in love?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope her level comes down so she doesn't need to be readmitted. Is it possible to get a billi blanket at home to use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor girl and poor momma. Hopefully she'll get back to the normal range quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping fingers crossed for you & Beanie that she recovers soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, poor Beanie! And poor Mommy! The first few weeks are so stressful and exhausting without having to worry about jaundice, too. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm sorry. I hope things level out soon. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear that you are having troubles. Did they mention getting her in sunlight too? I hope that you can keep her out of the hospital (I also wonder about the biliblanket). Mine spent about three days under the lights, but they had to be in hospital anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im sorry. :(. Will be sending good thoughts that her levels go down ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keeping you & Beanie in our thoughts this Easter. Hope she's doing well really soon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor baby. :( I'll be praying that her levels go down soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry! My little guy had to be readmitted for 3 days, 2 nights. I hope that your little one doesn't need to be but if it is, it will be ok! They will keep a close eye on everything & it is nice & warm under the lights. My little guy actually seemed quite cozy!! I think it was harder for me to see him like that!! Hope the levels continue to drop!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking of you both! We went through the very same thing, but were allowed to rent a portable light "blanket". That might be something to look in to!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sucks. And I can say that from experience because H and I just went thru it. We came home on a bili blanket for 4 days and had to supplement as well. stay strong, she'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hoping that she have normal levels soon.

    ReplyDelete