Tuesday, March 5, 2013

At the other end of the pendulum

If you recall, the reason I was being so closely monitored throughout the pregnancy by the MFM in the city was due to my diagnosis of Confined Placental Mosiacism, with the inconclusive CVS result.

CPM can, in some cases, result in a poor functioning placenta and cause growth issues, hence the monitoring to check baby's size and anatomy.

Now it appears that the pendulum has swing in the other direction and Beanie is measuring "larger for gestational age".

Sigh!!!!  

I loved having her at the 56-60 percentile which she has been until about 3 weeks ago.

Today I went for my OB visit and my belly which everyone thinks looks like 6-7 months is measuring at 38 weeks, when in fact I am 35 tomorrow. Normally it can be 1-2 cm off.

But then again Beanie was measuring 90 percentile on 2/25....

Both the MFM doctor I met yesterday and the OB today are not worried about Beanie's size especially since I am having a c-section anyway. 

My OB today and the tech yesterday did say that the measurements are subjective and having changed clinics "may" have something to do with the percentiles since there are a couple of formulas that can be used.

The good news is that my placenta is obviously quite fine and Beanie is growing which is what they like to see.

They expect her to be about 7+lbs at birth which is a good thing since the alternative would be small and IUGR.

So, I am just going with the flow and trying.to.not.obsess.

Also I liked the OB I met today and have pushed my c-section out to 37w5d to give Beanie a few more days in-utero to develop her lungs. My earlier date was 37w1d.

So its now exactly T minus 20 days, ladies!!!!!!

11 comments:

  1. Less than three weeks away! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaah! So excited for you! :-D Yes, bigger is better than the opposite end of the spectrum, I think, especially, as you say, you're having a c-section. Sending lots of good thoughts. Wondering about the many ways your life will be changing soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SO close! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not much longer now. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 20 days! So excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you have an u/s? The belly measurement can be all over the place! An u/s can clear up any concerns. I had relatively high amounts of fluid and measured about 35 weeks from 30-36 weeks, and then when I was 37 weeks I was measuring 33. Apparently the baby was breach one time, had dropped another, and of course the fluid issue. Anyways, just wanted to throw it out there that it really isn't accurate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, had an u/s on 2/25 at 33w4d, baby was measuring 35w2days. Fluid was normal. Neither MFM nor OB seem concerned and said they would be more worried if she was behind.

      Delete
  7. I'm hoping for a big healthy girl. For me the time has flown by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Time flies. Coming from a mom of preemies, I have to agree that bigger is better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe how time flies! Can't wait for you to hold your healthy baby girl! (But not too soon)

    ReplyDelete