Yesterday I hit 37 weeks, which is officially Full Term!!
I am so very grateful to be able to write this post since we all know how nerve-wracking getting and staying pregnant can be. This will also be my last pregnancy update before Beanie arrives.
How far along: 37 weeks
How many days left: 5 days - ahhhhhh!!!!!
Weight Gain: 28 lbs
Symptoms: Stuffy nose, constipation, sore feet and fingers in the morning (no swelling), feet hurt when walking.
Beanie's Position: Still head down. She seems to have moved a bit further down since I don't feel as constricted in my chest/ribs when I recline.
Baby Size: Watermelon weighing 6lb 2oz
Sleep: I have been sleeping really well throughout the pregnancy and continue to do so. I do have odd nights which are disturbed, but overall not had issues. I wake up a few times to use the bathroom, but am able to fall back to sleep easily.
Baby Movement: Ongoing and getting vigourous. Now I can feel her stretching etc not just bumps and kicks.
Cravings: None
Exercise: Daily stationary bike and stretching.
Stretchmarks: None so far but we shall see what happens after Beanie is born.
Mood/Emotions: I do have some anxiety about the c-section itself and of course Beanie's overall health. I have to admit I am still worried about those trisomy cells seen in the CVS and praying that the amnios are correct and she does not have any chromosomal issues. I wish I did not have that worry hanging over us.
Drs Appts: I had my last MFM appt on Monday and yesterday was my pre-op and last OB appt. My Mom came with me since she wanted to meet the Dr. I had a LONG list of questions which I went through with the OB. She is really nice! So, now I am done with all Drs appts - yay!
Medical Stuff: BP is fine, no protein/glucose in urine. My iron levels are okay now since taking the supplements and I tested negative for Strep B - so that is all good news.
Highlight of this Week: As I mentioned previously, now that Beanie is big, I can feel hard body parts when she moves. I usually play a game with her when she is awake, where I touch a hard part of my belly and ask her "Beanie, what body part is this?"...and she responds by squirming and moving.
Well yesterday night she was very active and as she stretched, I actually saw her knee sticking out of my belly. Like a little mountain peak. She did it a few times and I was able to gently cup it in my hand since it was sticking out so much. It was such a surreal magical experience!!! I am going to miss having her in my belly and having this private physical connection with her.
Tasks To Do: Pack my hospital bag. I purchased a boppy pillow yesterday so need to wash the cover. I also need to open up the Medela breast pump kit and wash it all and read instructions so I don't have to do it when I get back from the hospital.
**********************
On Tuesday I had the cleaning service come by and clean the house. They did a good job of the bathroom and kitchen. The upstairs vacuuming was not up to my standards but they were using my vacuum and I think they had the setting wrong. I did not want them using their vacuum and kicking out stuff from other people's homes into my place. I did make the mistake of allowing them to use their cleaning products. They did let me smell it and it seemed mild but was not, so all of Tue I was trying to get rid of the smell. My nose is still super sensitive to any fragrance. So next time I will have them use my cleaning products.
Both ladies were really nice and talkative. The young one asked me if I was married. I told her I was once but not anymore and having a baby on my own. So she innocently asks "so who is the daddy?". I told her its a donor. It was a rather humorous conversation because she says "oh wow I have seen that in movies but never met anyone in real life". So, I laughed and told her -- "well, now you know someone in real life".
She was very sweet and gave me her cell# and said I could text her if I had any questions after the baby is born. She has a 2 year old son. I thought that was so nice of her.
Wow! She is almost here. I am thinking of you and praying for a peaceful delivery and quick recovery.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you got a cleaning crew in there to take care of things before the baby comes. I can't imagine trying to clean while heavily pregnant. I know you would do it but I'm glad you didn't have to. 5 more days, wow!
ReplyDeletethat is really sweet! you are so close to meeting your baby! so excited for the updates!!
ReplyDelete37! That is amazing! Can't to hear about Beanie on the outside :)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see pictures of her on the outside. It so neat that you can see her little body parts like that. Did you snap a picture to show her one day?
ReplyDeleteAnd I hope you get lucky and avoid stretch marks. I didn't have any on my belly until after the babies were born (and somehow I didn't realize could happen and it wasn't a pleasant surprise).
Unfortunately she was too quick for me. The camera was nowhere nearby. It would have been a really cool picture.
DeleteAnd yep, I am expecting the stretchmarks to appear afterwards so am prepared.
I'm so very excited for you!! You're so close now. Enjoy these last days.
ReplyDeleteI'm so jealous of you seeing Beanie poking you. Since I had an anterior placenta I didn't get to see any movement & hardly felt any kicks.
What a sweetheart that girl. I'm glad you had someone come and clean, you should be just laying on the couch and pampering yourself as much as you can. I wish I lived close to drop of meals or something, but so glad you have the wonderful parents you do.
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet post! So excited for what's too come!
ReplyDeleteHoly moly! Can't wait to meet her. :)
ReplyDeleteSuch a great post to read, and reaching that milestone is no easy task I know. I've been asked for work at an egg bank to search various fertility blogs to offer encouragement for those still stuggline with infertility, and I'm glad to see you're soon to be over it. Congratulations!
ReplyDelete