Nothing much to report the past few days. Its all status quo which is a good thing.
The good news was that I got the results of my HbA1c blood test on Thursday. That is a test I had the OB take which measures your glucose levels over the past 2-3 month period. It was in the normal range. I can now stop worrying about the slightly elevated fasting BG I got on my annual physical. My PCP had not flagged it as being out of bounds but it had worried me.
On Friday I got a call from the insurance company Rx dept saying that I had a refill ready to ship. I called them and it was Estrace and it was not ready to ship as the message said but the refill was ready to fill. I told the girl on the phone that I did not need it since I am now pregnant and off all medications. She was happy and said "congratulations, let me find my rattle".
Next thing I hear is a baby rattle, rattling away. I don't think I put 2 and 2 together until I hung up, but I guess since its the IVF medication line when someone says they are pregnant they do the whole baby rattle thing!
This weekend was the first in a long time when I was not stressed with impending travel, preparing for a trip or having to tell the boss. So, I've been quite relaxed mentally.
Last night we had dinner at my parents. It was fun since both my niece and nephew were back for the weekend from college, so it was nice hanging with them. My sis never did respond to the email I had sent her earlier this week about keeping her mouth shut on my private business. Yesterday I just spent more time talking to the kids than her. Dinner was tasty but sadly short-lived for me :-( So I was up at 4am starving and had to get myself some milk and bread.
I have had a bit of energy this weekend and I seized upon the opportunity to vacuum the downstairs floor and the staircase yesterday, dust and tidy up the main floor and unpack. Today I vacuumed my bedroom, changed linens, ran laundry and also summoned enough energy to do some medium-light yard work.
I feel a lot better just knowing that I am catching up on the chores.
I am going to chill the rest of the afternoon and evening. I may do some paper shredding and bill payments while watching the Emmy's tonight.
Symptoms are still the same - m/s, very sore boobs and an odd sensation around my belly button every now and then. Not pain, but like a stretching/pulling feeling and some soreness. I did have heartburn 2 days ago and I was worried simply because I normally have acid reflux, but so far I have been lucky that its not reared its ugly head. I know its just a matter of time before it begins, but thankfully it was a only a one day thing.
I also had some sciatica-like pain in my left leg for a few days. So, yesterday afternoon I did yoga for about 30 min and the stretching really helped and the pain is gone today. I have not gone to class in 11 weeks and I could feel my body begging to be stretched. Once the m/s and fatigue wears off I will go back to class, with modifications of course. I am also going to see if the library has pre-natal yoga DVDs that I could chcek out and see if there is one I want to purchase.
I am trying to eat a bit healthier. I actually enjoyed and ate a whole Chik-fil-a salad yesterday. In fact I may have that for lunch daily since it was quite tasty and filling. I am also eating fruits and make myself a banana milk shake daily as a mid-morning snack.
My Mom keeps lecturing me that right now I should eat whatever sounds okay, and not get too hung up on healthy vs not healthy since the idea is to keep something down. I agree, but I still feel guilty that I am eating more take-out now than I ever did before I became pregnant. Hopefully in a few weeks, I will be able to begin cooking at home again and get back on track.
I have Dr's appt later this week so we shall see progress then.
Happy to read that things are going well for you.
ReplyDeleteNever watched the Emmys, are they good?
Sounds like things are progressing well for you. :) I think it's fine indulging in cravings every now and then, but I agree that it's important to eat healthy for your wee one.
ReplyDeleteSounds like things are going well. Has the m/s tapered off at all?? I actually thought mine might have been gone but nope...still here, although (knock on wood), it seems to be better than it was.
ReplyDeleteYup, the m/s is still there, but you are right its a tad better. I too thought a couple days ago I had turned a corner, but no such luck :-(
Delete