I am almost done with my current business trip. I head back home tomorrow mid-day and it cannot be soon enough.
Overall the trip went okay. Yesterday was a very very long day. I was exhausted and ended up getting sick at night after dinner and had a splitting headache to boot which lasted well into today.
Today was busy with 9 hours booth duty followed by tear down of the booth, so we only got back to the hotel at about 7:30pm. Luckily I had my colleauge with me. We had left the hotel this morning at 8am. I have been driving the rental car back and forth.
I did get really sick right after lunch, but I had an inkling and was able to make it to the restroom in time and there was no line thankfully.
It was weird to be puking in a public bathroom and then having to go back to the booth and put on my Sales hat. My colleague was out taking a call so I had to leave the booth unmanned.
I just got back from a nice dinner and praying I keep it down. I bet I must have lost another couple of lbs :-(
Next Monday I am back on the road again! This time its a 5+ hour flight, 4-day long cross country trip.
Not sure if I can do it :-(
I don't see how you can, really, if things stay like this. You are being such a trooper but you're so sick you're barely making it to the bathroom, plus the headaches etc. It does not seem like a workable combination with being in a plane or a care for hours on end. Would there be dire consequences if you could not do it? Sending good thoughts! You are definitely ultra preggo!
ReplyDeleteYikes - I don't know how you're doing it. I can barely manaage my 8-4 day with no travel. I am exhausted and just feel like crap half the time. I can't imagine adding in travel and having to be 'on' all day manning a booth at a trade show. Yowsers! If it makes you feel any better, know that I am right there with you barely able to keep anything down - I hope the ms ends for us soon!
ReplyDeleteCould they get someone to go in your place? I really can't imagine having to travel and work while feeling so ill. :(
ReplyDeleteTake extra special care of yourself and get lots of rest this weekend!
Maybe the OB can give you something for the nausea and vomiting. They gave my mom some meds because she was puking through most of the first and second trimester.
ReplyDelete