I am in Wisconsin on a 4-day business trip.
I made it here okay this afternoon and by that I mean without puking at the airport or the plane. I was very nervous about that and will be the next few days while I take care of our company booth at a trade show.
The flight was later in the day so I was able to get all my sickness dealt with before I left. Its actually become a bit worse the past week. I keep telling myself that its a good sign.
Today I decided to just deal with the day in chunks at a time. Example, can I get to airport without being sick? Okay, now can I make it through security, etc. Before boarding I made a trip to the bathroom to make sure I would be okay on the plane. It made it a lot more doable.
I am getting the usual evening sickness now and waiting for the room service dinner to get there. I think I am just really hungry.
I "opted out" of going through the X-Ray machine and got a pat down instead. I did not see any point in subjecting the fetus to needless X-ray. They were really polite and professional and explained it all very well and asked if I was okay getting it done right there or if I needed seclusion. I frankly did not care and did it right there. Everyone is so busy at security that its not like anyone even noticed.
Tomorrow will be interesting since I have to drive to the location early in the morning, so I need to ensure I have things in control before I get in the car. I will try and eat some breakfast before I leave.
My colleague gets in tomorrow evening, so the whole booth set up and first day attendance is entirely on me. I plan to ask assistance from other vendors since I doubt I can set up a 6x6ft banner on my own. Its a two person job. There are always people willing to help a gal in distress. I will try and look pathetic.
It will be a long day 12+ hours. But I have got snacks and apples and cheerios, etc so I can keep snacking and if I need to step away I shall. I normally need to close my eyes for 10-15 min if I am to make it through the day. Hoping, like today, the activity will pose a good distraction and will help.
Today as we took off I realized that it was Beanie's first flight in utero - its was a nice feeling.
My next U/S is on Friday......so shall know more then. Luckily, I am so busy the next few days that I have no time to really think about anything other than getting through each day.
Aahhh the nausea - ain't it grand!? I'm glad you made it through your travels without incident. I hope the rest of your trip goes OK.
ReplyDeleteHoping that the rest of your trip is rather uneventful.
ReplyDeleteI'm guessing you don't feel well enough to indulge in any Wisconsin cheese. Oh well - it's for a good cause!
ReplyDeleteI hope the rest of the trip goes well. Take care!
Oof, business trip with nausea...not fun. Snacking is key! Don't let your stomach get empty, that really helped me. Good luck!
ReplyDelete