I have to admit that I am a neat freak.
I keep a spotless house and never having things just laying about - a place for everything and everything in its place. If mail is piled up for several days I get anxious.
In fact one the biggest adjustment I perceive about having a baby will be willing to let things go and not be so neat since that will be pretty impossible.
Anyways, one of the things about the first few weeks of pregnancy have been this intense desire to do nothing. As a result the house is really not up to my standards.
However, I have to admit there is a lot of freedom in being a slob.
Case in point, I did laundry a few days ago and took the clothes out of the dryer but it was nighttime and I was too tired to fold them. So I threw them on the bed in the guest bedroom and the past 3 days have just sauntered in grabbed a pair of shorts or a T shirt and thrown it on, leaving that pile as is.
How liberating is that?!!
Of course today I did fold it only to find that everything was completely crumpled including my jeans :-(
Sigh!
So anyway the house is a mess. There are dishes in the kitchen all day until I get the chance to do them all at once in the evening, and I know that a good dusting is in order.
But I am growing a baby and so just letting it be.
In other news my m/s is still going strong. I get sick 1-2 times a day. Yesterday I felt great all day and thought I had turned a corner, but no, it came back to bite me in the ass at night. But it is reassuring, so that is the sliver lining.
In addition, the past couple of days I am consumed by a ravaging hunger that never seems to extinguish itself. Nothing sounds appealing which makes it difficult. I feel my mouth is constantly working all day long chewing stuff. I am not one to eat much normally, so this is a new sensation to be eating all the time.
I have not put on even 1/2 a lb despite all the eating. Should'nt I have put some weight on by now? But to be honest I think that despite all the eating every 1 hour the calories count is still not more than usual. Its just smaller meals of the same quantity of food. Plus I do exercise almost daily.
So its off to the grocery store to but some low fat cottage cheese and fruit. And some whole wheat English muffins may be nice change from wheat toast. May get some flavored yogurt although they are horribly high is sugar. I am still having dairy even though I am lactose intolerant simply because not sure what else is healthy to snack on. I do seem to be tolerating dairy a bit better these days.
Also, I am going to break my self-imposed ban of processed food and buy Cheezit and (gasp!) one box of HotPockets. Think the last time I ate CheezIt or a hot pockets was 10 years ago.
Updated:
Bought the hot pocket and CheezIt. Ate 3 CheezeIts, tasted horrible and made me sick so that is the end of that story. What a waste. The hot pocket does not seem as appetizing either. Oh and after all that I forgot the cottage cheese :-(
I'm not a neat freak. I don't like dirtiness but some clutter is okay.
ReplyDeleteI saw a dietician a couple years ago and she said some people lose weight in their first trimester.
I'm a total neat freak too and my house and yard have definitely fallen into quite the state in the past few weeks. I just don't have it in me to keep it up to my normal standards and unfortunatley my husband doesn't seem to have the same standards ;-)
ReplyDeleteOh ya, lets not even mention the yard!
DeleteAhhh...the first trimester. Ain't it grand? I had all the symptoms you are talking about except my nausea was much more manageable. But the constant hunger, the fatigue, the lack of desire to do ANYTHING. I'm glad you are giving into it. It's your body's way of saying "take it easy, you are growing a little one and you need your rest!" The first trimester is when all of the important things happen developmentally, so don't skimp on taking care of yourself, even if it means not exercising. I have come to believe that exercise isn't actually that great during pregnancy, unless it is very moderate. Take care, you are doing great!
ReplyDeleteNeat freak here. Yuck to the cheezits. Hot pockets are too high in sodium for me to enjoy. Have you thought about buying some fresh fruit and adding it to greek yogurt?
ReplyDelete