Yesterday I had really bad cramps and boy, was I glad I was not travelling today since I would have been a nervous wreck about getting on a plane.
It came on rather suddenly around midday.
I had slept well and felt good enough in the morning to treat myself to breakfast from Pan.era B.read. I got really tired around 11am so was dozing on the couch. At about 11:30am I had to peel myself off the couch and go take a shower since I was picking up my Mom at 12pm to go to a local arts/crafts fair to just walk around a bit outdoors.
I was all dressed and just walking around picking up my phone and keys when I started with the cramps. At first I was like "hmm...what is this?" and I tried to ignore but they were quite painful and each step I took was painful. I went upstairs and did a quick google and it came up it could be uterus stretching etc.
I decided to be cautious and to cancel my plans. I called my Mom and told her what was happening. I then drank a lot of water and got into bed and rested. The cramping stopped in about 45 minutes. I am not sure if it was uterine or just digestive since my digesting has been a bit iffy these days.
Anyway after an hour I called my Mom. I knew she would be worried and she was I could tell by her voice. I told her that it had stopped and I would just stay in and rest which is what I did all day. Just hydrated myself and slept.
In the evening my parents came over. I know my Mom wanted to see me so she came and hung out for about 45 min while my Dad went to the gym. We talked and I showed her the U/S #3 pictures. Then my Dad came by to pick her up. I ended up getting sick right when they were about to leave. It did reassure me though since I have to say I was a bit worried. I do think it was more digestive related since I was feeling a lot of flatulence at night (sorry TMI)
Today I have been fine, but my stomach which had a decided "bump" yesterday is half the size and flatter today. So maybe it was bloating after all?
I did not call the Drs office since I seem fine now. I am making sure to drink water. That has been a struggle for me the past few weeks since it makes me feel sick.
In other news I told my boss today.
I was a nervous wreck all day yesterday and postponed it as far as I could today. The thing is he is from a culture which is very conservative, so I was nervous about how he would take it. I knew he would be shocked, not that he would say that to me. But I was still nervous.
So I called him and he immediately seemed concerned as to why I was not coming to Seattle since ex-boss had mentioned a medical reason. I knew he was worried so I told him that it wa actually good news and that I was pregnant. There was stunned silence, so I continued to say that it was something I had wanted for a long time and had pursued fertility treatments (just so he does not think I got knocked up and abandoned) and after several unsuccessful attempts this cycle worked.
He then told me he was "processing" this info.....which was funny. So I laughed and said "Yes, its a bit out there and I am sure that was the last thing you expected me to say". He then congratulated me and said he was very happy for me and when the baby was due. He then asked if my family was supportive and I said they were. He and I had several 1-1 breakfasts back in Feb when we were in Seattle. We were always the first to come down to the restaurant before the rest of the gang joined us. At the time he was not my boss so we had just chit-chatted in general about our families, etc.
I told him that since it was still early and I am not out of the woods yet so I did not want to publicize it for another 4-5 weeks. I also told him that I did the trip last week and was at the trade show, so he knows I am not a slacker. He said that I had been a trooper to do all that given my condition. He did say had been looking forward to seeing me this week.
So its done.
I feel a LOT of relief!
What his private thoughts are on this does not really bother me since its a conversation I don't need to have any further.
I hope I am not jinxing it by telling so many people but I had to in this instance. It is what it is and shall be what it shall. That is my mantra these days.
I'm glad you are feeling better.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your conversation with your boss went OK. Sorry about the cramping - I've had some as well and I've definitely noticed it seems worse when my bladder is full or I'm 'backed up' - I'm sure that's all it was.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear that the cramping stopped and you're feeling better.
ReplyDeleteIt's great that the people you've told at work have been so supportive. One less thing to worry about!
Rest up and take care. :)
There are times that you just have to tell people when you'd rather hold off a bit longer. I hope that the rest of the pregnancy goes smoother.
ReplyDelete