Sunday, September 30, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

Its been a nice weekend.

It actually rained today which was wonderful, I could almost hear the parched lawn sigh in relief! Its been super dry so any rain is welcome. Its supposed to rain tomorrow too!

I got a lot of work done in the house.

Loads of junk mail finally got addressed and shredded, bills/paperwork filed appropriately, bills paid, bathroom cleaned, laundry done and put away, Fall wreath put out. I still have to do some ironing etc but I feel good with what I have done so far.

Energy-wise I am doing better. I can summon myself to do things now more so that a couple of weeks back.  M/S wise still there. I really thought I had turned a corner, but nope it hit me hard Friday night and Saturday again.

I went to Tar.get around noon to buy some stuff and while there I decided to stroll through the kids section to look at strollers and cribs. To be honest I have not spent any time at all thinking about practical things like nursery etc though all my years TTC. Somehow it seemed so far out of my day-to-day reality that I have never bothered.

Today as I strolled around that area I felt like an imposter. What the heck was I doing in a baby section and I also felt panicked since I know nothing about any of it. My pregnancy still feels very unreal at times, except for the puking part.

I am still wrestling over the genetic diagnostic testing question. Its sort of a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. Either I do it and take a small risk, or be worried all day everyday. I have spent the last several days endlessly googling away, so today I decided to not switch on the laptop all morning and afternoon and even now no more googling on this topic.

At some point one has to just relinquish control, which is much easier said than done.

On Friday my Mom mentioned that my sister was asking when I will tell my niece and nephew about the pregnancy. So I emailed my sis and told her that I am not ready to say anything yet until I get the genetic testing/ultrasound results in. I am not showing much, not enough for them to notice plus they are busy at University and only come home every 2- 3 weeks. So, a couple more weeks will not make a difference.

Trivia - My last post titled "bullet post" got the most hits so far! Odd given it was not very compelling.  I wonder of the title got peoples attention :-)

4 comments:

  1. My post with the most hits is entitled 'Day 9 - Medicine Cabinet'. It has more than 10 times more than any other post. Strange.

    One of my doctors advised that if I wasn't going to do anything with the results of a genetic test than there was no point getting them done. I think he explained it better than that but that's the jist of it. Still, I'm not sure what I'd do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I had turned a corner with the m/s too but just a few minutes ago...back with a vengeance. I do think it's subsiding though - doesn't seem to be as frequent. Hope yours (and mine) will be gone for good soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always afraid to go baby shopping in public. I usually just research products on line. Hoping that the ultrasound gives good news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One other option is to consider doing non-invasive testing (including Materniti21) and then do an amnio if there's any questionable results. Just a thought.

    Hope you feel better soon, second trimester just around the corner!!

    ReplyDelete