Thursday, September 13, 2012

Home, Ranting and Some Cuteness

I am back home - yay!

The journey back was uneventful after I got over the early morning. I got a pat down again and skipped the X-Ray.

While at the airport I made two calls and left two voice mails. One to my RE to check where my records were that they were supposed to send me. Second to my OB office to see if they got results of my HbA1c blood test.

By the way the OB office had called me last Friday (I had met OB on Thurs) to tell me my Prog was 27 and HCG 194,000 so they were happy with the numbers.

So, when I got off the plane I had two voice mails. My RE's office had mailed the records so I should get them soon (I did in today's mail).  And a call from OB to call them back.

So I did.

And spoke with the nurse.

Get this -- they never ran the HBA1c instead it seemed by mistake someone (Dr?  Nurse?) put an order for CA-125 which is a blood test for ovarian cancer!!!!!!!!!

REALLY??? 

Are you f****** kidding me?

I was so pissed off~~

(1)  I am really keen to make sure that I am not at risk of diabetes after my slightly elevated fasting glucose test. So, now not only do I have to do  a blood draw again but wait another few days.

(2) I have to likely pay for the CA-125 test.  I have no idea how much it will cost with insurance but if its a lot I will call the insurance company and contest it.

Morons!

They also re-ran Rubella etc and when I asked why, since I already have that in my records, she says its a standard pregnancy panel.

Whatever!

Tomorrow I have my 10 week U/S with another Dr from the same practice, but in the office in a neighbouring city, so will have her put in the blood test order so I can get it done tomorrow.  I will also see if I like this Dr better than the other scatty Dr.  If I do, I will move to her.

I have also decided to email my original GYN. I have an email for her when I had contacted her regarding the Da Vinci robotic surgery. I was trying not to use it for communication un-related to Da Vinci but I think I will.  I will ask her for whom she suggests I should go to. I would prefer to stay with this practice if I can.

Then I left a voicemail for the coordinater at the OB office who was supposed to to contact the MFM folks. After leaving her a voicemail, I decided to call the MFM office directly.

The woman on the phone checked and confirmed that I had got the referral and a scan booked for Oct 1 and was meeting with a MFM physician later. So that is good. But when where they planning to tell me, one wonders.  Of course the original "coordinator" never bothered calling me back.

So its been quite a day.

In the cuteness story...

On the flight back I had two kids sitting next to me (window and middle). A boy around 12-13 and a girl around 8 maybe. She had a her bag and was carrying a book. So, she settled down next to me in the middle seat with her feet propped on her bag.  Once the place took off she put away her book and took out her knitting.

So cute!! 

It reminded me of my childhood where I loved to knit as a kid. In fact at 8 years old I had knitted a yellow cabled sweater for my doll.

So, there she was during the first half of the flight knitting away what looked like a scarf (it was only about 3 inches long) in a moss green color.

It was so cute!!!

I did not work this afternoon. Took a good long nap instead after I got home, and now will spend the evening watching back to back Project Runway.

4 comments:

  1. Too cute about the young knitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should NOT have to pay for that test! I think you should tell your OB's office that they will have to eat any expense you have to incur or that - ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love knitting myself. I would be upset about the test mix up too and probably tell them that I refuse to pay for it since it was their screw up.

    ReplyDelete