I saved another turtle this morning!!!
Yes, that makes it now TWO turtles within 24 hours.
Seriously, what are the odds of that!
I woke up really hungry this morning (thanks, progesterone) and felt like treating myself to a breakfast sandwich at Pan.era Brea.d. They have a power samdwhich which is quite yummyy, it had ham in it though, oh well. I doubt a little ham will make any difference during TWW. I know one's supposed to avoid it when pregnant.
Anyway I digress...
So on my way back I am on a 2-way road with a grassy divider. So, I see this turtle hurtling across the road at top speed. Goodness, it was fast!
I simply could not believe my eyes.
My first thoughts were -- "Another one...are you kidding me?!!"
Initially, I thought I would wait on the road effectively blocking traffic and let him cross. But then I realized he may not be able to get onto the grassy divider and then he still had to cross the other side road too.
So I sighed, got out, put on my hazard lights, opened my trunk, took out my handy-dandy plastic bag "now officially termed the turtle wrap" and approached it.
He was so cute. He looked quizzically at me as I approached and only when I bent down did he retract into his shell. This one was dark brown with some orange.
I picked him up and walked over to the woods on the side he was coming from.
Just then a guy in a truck pulled up behind me -- I was entirely blocking the road, but its a part-residential road anyways.
I think he understood what I was doing - taking something and gingerly putting it in the woods. I waved thanks to him for stopping, and went on my way.
As I drove off I could not help but burst out laughing at the coincidence of it all.
In other news -- still no symptoms of implantation such as pulling/pinching/cramping :-( Not sure what to make of it. From all I have read online, ladies who had cramps in the days after 5-day transfer, had more successes, than those who did not.
I am bloated and gassy but that I know is entirely from the crinone. And I am always hungry on the luteal phase of my cycles - medicated or not - so that is nothing to go on.
No sore bbs - which last cycle had me wondering and when they suddenly became super sore towards 12 dpo I got excited. Now I know better -- with crinone it just takes longer to get sore.
I was very tired last night, but again not a symptom since I had an early wake up, a very busy day driving back and forth to the DMV, walking to the grocery store and cooking dinner. I foolishly walked to the grocery store and had to bring back stuff. It was not very heavy but I kicked myself for doing it.
Still no caffeine of which I am proud -- I could have done with a decaf coffee with my sandwich, but now that am doing well I will just hold off until beta.
With any luck you'll soon be having symptoms of pregnancy. Wishing you good luck and happiness in the weeks ahead.
ReplyDeleteWell, I'm encouraged by all the turtle encounters! Still sending you lots of positive vibes.
ReplyDeletemaybe there's a turtle party going on in the woods, bless you for saving it!
ReplyDeleteand girl, i read more about women feeling absolutely nothing & getting a bfp. the 2ww is all about anxiety & nothing can prepare us for it. my good friend had a 5-day transfer, felt nothing incl no cramps, poor dear drove herself insane & is about to have her baby in the next 2 weeks. the fact of the matter is that there are no implantation symptoms, i'm convinced! it's the drugs! the embryos can't even be seen by the naked eye so i hardly doubt it'd be doing all that tugging & so on. that's my theory, i'm so hopeful for you!