Friday, July 6, 2012

Bills and being un-zen

My BBQ on 4th of July went really well, despite the torrential rain that hit in the early evening. I had anticipated the rain and brought the outdoor patio seating cushions inside a day or so earlier, so when it stopped raining by 7pm we were still able to sit outdoors on dry seats and have our dinner. I had bought tiki torches so those kept the bugs at bay.

I made hot dogs on my indoor grill and we had that with salad, corn on the cob and chips. I bought 97% fat free hot dogs and wheat buns, so I did not feel too bad about eating or serving it. We had dessert and coffee while watching the Macy's fireworks on TV which was really nice.

Today has been a really frustrating day in many ways.

Firstly I had a garage door company come by on Thursday to fix my garage door. Well, I paid him the $55 for the home warranty visit and all he did was kick the thing on the side of the door to get it working.

$55 for a kick - sigh.

Anyways, he also balanced the second door for an additional charge. I figured since he was there to just fix it also and get it done.  I paid him by check. Then this morning I get a call from him very apologetic to say that the check was in his folder which was mistakenly thrown in the trash, so he does not have it anymore. I was really annoyed but did not convey that to him. I just kept quiet on the phone and he was obviously very uncomfortable making that call and assured me he would give me a discount.  I cancelled the check but there is a $30 charge, so you can bet I will be deducting that from the amount I owe them AND requesting an additional discount for wasting my time fixing their stupidity!

Then I get a bill for $600 from my RE's clinic for sperm storage, suppression check and some balance which I have already paid last week.  The suppression check should be covered by them as part of my lump sum payment and the sperm storage fees is not even valid since it kicks in Aug 1 and my last vial will hopefully be used up before then.  I left a message for the business office but did not get a call back. I will resolve it with them next week.

Then I get another big bill for my ER visit back in Dec. I had forgotten all about that, but the insurance company did not.

So, its been a crazy day with all sorts of bills coming in and having to deal with financial stuff.

Sigh!

Medications are continuing. I still have moments of complete panic about embryo quality, but I am trying very hard to take one day at a time. I do think that the stress is there subliminally even if I try to push it to the back of my mind.  Probably that is what is causing my tight shoulder/neck/jaw. I did have a small glass of wine today with dinner since I really needed to unwind. I doubt it will impact anything adversely. I have also started meditation at night to help me relax.

Regardless, I have a fun weekend planned.

Tomorrow is yoga (yay!) followed by a massage in the evening which I really need since my left shoulder had been giving me issues the past two days.

On Sunday, I plan to take my Mom for a day out to the city for lunch at a German Coffeehouse/Cafe and then to the mall.  Its her birthday on Monday and since she is on school vacation it would be something fun to do for her outside our own town.

Hope you have some wonderful plans for the weekend!

4 comments:

  1. When it rains.....And as the the wine, hey, I'm imbibing in a skinny girl margarita. Had a doozy of a day. Deserve a night cap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the yoga and massage help you unwind. I'm sorry that everything is piling together to be so stressful. I too get frustrated with weird or unexpected bills. I plan my life out so carefully and do not like things screwing with the plans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does it always take that long to get charged for ER visits? That's ridiculous. I'm sure the wine will do more good than harm. I've found that the donor egg cycles are more stressful until the retrieval so hopefully that will happen soon and you can get back to regular IVF stress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its quite unusual to take 6 months. Usually the first "bill" arrives within weeks and then it takes a month or two to go through insurance.

      Delete