Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Is Normal...good?

I feel normal.

Totally normal.

So normal that if I did not know I am stuffing suppositories up my wooha and swallowing pills of estrogen every 6 hours, I would not know I am cycling, leave alone had an embryo implanted two days ago.

I have never been one to get very emotionally affected by any of the IVF medications. Sure, I may be a bit grumpier and slightly more emotional, but nothing that would be very noticeable by me or others. Maybe after countless cycles my body is now used to having all these hormones floating about.

Nor do I have any cramping, pinching/stretching/pulling sensations, fullness and whatever other symptoms women report around this time for implantation.

I have had some discomfort on and off on my lower abdomen but I definitely know its gastric-related since the progesterone and the calcium in my pre-natals are slowing down my digestive track in a big way. Plus not having exercised in 2 days is not helping.

I am, however, mentally in a good place. Not as stressed as I was last week, because now I have even less control over the outcome.

Maybe that is why I feel normal -- because I had worked myself to to such a tizzy last week, that now its like a stress release.

During my Oct cycle where I had implantation, I had sharp pains on 4dp2dt and pretty bad cramps for several hours 5dp2dt.....but so far nothing.

Oh well.

In other news, I am totally off caffeine. I figured for the next few days to stay away from decaf tea as well. Its making me tired though especially in the afternoon so I am resorting to eating fruit.

I worked a 12 hour day today -  and dragged myself away from it 30 min ago to throw together some dinner.  We had some drama at work which needed a lot of emailing, calls, and hand holding :-(

I did nip out for a quick walk to clear my head and help get some blood moving around 7pm.

Since I did not have time to make the soup I had planned for dinner, I just cut up a bunch of veggies, added some diced chicken from last night, some left over rice, quinoa etc and have made myself an interesting one pan wonder. Well at least its super healthy.
Now going to curl up with my rice/chicken concoction and watch "The Artist" on DVD.

Also, I have not heard back on the remaining embryos so not very hopeful :-(

7 comments:

  1. I'm with you there. Other than the uber-cramping incident that first day and a little cramping in the evening the next, I've felt pretty normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck girl. No symptoms doesn't mean anything. Rooting for you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never had any symptoms. It does seem like everyone is so different with symptoms. Good luck with your embryos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think normal is prefectly fine. Just think about those women who don't realize they are pregnant until the go into labour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh geez I hope they were just bogged down yesterday and that is the reason why they didn't call you back about the other embryos. I'm still hopeful about the embryo in you since it was good quality. May this be the one!

    ReplyDelete