Thank you for all the wonderful, supportive comments on the previous post. I am hanging in there, keeping myself distracted and will update later this week.
In other news, I am learning how to sleep.
Yes, you read that right.
I tend to carry stress in my neck and shoulders and I have to admit that don't have the greatest posture when reading or watching TV.
However, off late I have noticed that I have been waking up with an aching neck/shoulders due to poor sleep positions. So, I did some googling and have come up with some better side sleeping positions so I can really relax my shoulders and keep my spine aligned.
Last night I tried it and while I was overwhelmed with the many pillows I had around me, it was restful and I woke up with no stiff shoulders.
I will try it the next few days and hopefully I can "re-learn" how to sleep with a better posture!
That is such an awesome idea! I need to check out some myself. Rest is so important. :-)
ReplyDeleteHeard about a study today that stated we need 7 hours of sleep to stave off dementia and Alzheimer's. I always sleep poorly. Hope you're able to get a good night's rest.
ReplyDeleteThis is brilliant. Please post some of the websites. I've been struggling with neck and shoulder pain too.
ReplyDeleteGood to learn how to sleep on your side because if and WHEN you get pregnant, you need to do this all of the time! And I still haven't figured it out, looking into pregnancy pillows now. I am excited for your upcoming cycle...have my fingers crossed for you!
ReplyDelete