Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Tale of Two Women and WTF??

So the story goes like this ....

A nicely dressed woman enters a building making her way to the elevator to go up to an office. In the elevator is another nicely dressed woman, who smiles and holds the elevator door open, so the first woman can get in.

Coincidentally they are both going to the same floor so they smile at each other politely. The doors open and they both walk out turn left and then right, headed to the same office. They open the door and go inside.

This is where the similarities end because...

The second woman is 8 mos pregnant, while the first woman is an infertile going in to see her RE for a third WTF appt!

I hate going to that office simply because its an OB office full to the brim with pregnant bellies. My RE comes there sometimes and its a lot closer than in the city so its preferable in that respect.

So, I had my WTF appt.

Basically he did not have much to add to the call we had earlier, except it was sheer bad luck and it was definitely the egg, not the sperm.  The embryos were C grade so there is no question of them not cycling me for free.

He seemed hopeful that this next cycle will be the one. Whatever!  If I had a penny for each time he or I thought that, I would be a multi-millionaire by now.  For me just getting decent embryos will be like hitting the jackpot, leave alone getting a BFP which is not even on the radar.

Anyways, I complained that I have not got response on some questions I have about my donor, so the RE gets on it and by the time I am home I have responses.

Great!!!

But WAIT there's more....

The IVF lab is closed for a few weeks in June, so no cycles for anyone whose period started before the 19th of May. Mine was May 2...so now I have to wait for my next period + 21 days to start.

7 week delay.....are you freaking kidding me???????

That will push me right against my "TTC end date" of August that I had in my mind.

So well I guess this will be my last cycle then, except knowing my lousy luck it will be no embies again and I will be forced to cycle YET again.

I will be honest with you -- right now as I write this, if my many thousands of dollars were not stuck at the RE's office and I coud get a refund, I would be walking away...this very minute. I am so done with this!

On the good side, maybe I can get to enjoy summer and sneak in a vacation to SoCal to meet my friends over the summer and a weekend trip to NYC in June to see another friend.

10 comments:

  1. Vacation sounds like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can completely understand why you feel the way you do. So sorry that you have to go through this. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really sucks about the wait, but I'm glad you're making some plans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The delay stinks, but on the bright side maybe you'll get to enjoy a nice summer holiday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry. 7 weeks can feel like forever when you want to be moving forward. And I hear you are really tired with the whole process right now. I don't blame you. Sending caring thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry! It seems like people in the fertility world would be more understanding of how these time delays affect us. I hope you can plan a fun summer though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Argh, I HATE delays like that, particularly when it comes to IVF. So sorry, that's super frustrating, I hope you step away for a while and feel less fed up with the process when you return. And in the meantime, they better line up a great donor for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im so sorry about the delay you have to deal with now. But I think you have the right idea and taking some time/vacation for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this stinks. :( I'm so sorry that you're facing a delay in your transfer.

    ReplyDelete