Not much to report. Just in a holding pattern until my WTF appt on Thursday. Hopefully after that I can finalize the donor and order my meds.
In the meantime I have been making plans for the future (sans baby) and doing some research into things I have wanted to do, including living abroad. I am actually getting quite excited at some ideas I have and am beginning to wonder if this next cycle should indeed be my last so I can break out of this limbo I have been in for over 4 years.
I have restarted taking my language class online, and am spending a little less time on blogs simply because it seems all the ladies I follow are in similar holding patterns or very early stages of cycling or happily pregnant.
In non related TTC news I have a dilemma.
I may have to cut down a magnolia tree in my front yard. It is very poorly placed right near the house (not sure what the previous owner was thinking by planting it there) and now is getting so big that I think it needs to come down.
Also the builder had planted another maple tree in the middle of the yard which looks like had doubled in size this Spring, so with two massive trees in the front I am feeling the house looks very congested. There is a third small Japanest maple also in a terrible location that need to be pruned. I had the magnolia trimmed in 2010 simply because I loathe the idea of cutting down a healthy living tree, but now I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and pray to the tree gods for forgiveness later.
I simply cannot afford to keep spending money trimming it every second year. I think I will get some estimates in the next week or so. The guy I had used last time was very unreliable so I will not use him again. Sigh -- this will be several hundred dollars by the end of it.
Dinner tonight:
Bronzed scallops with aioli pasta and garlic green beans. Yum!!
When I was thinking of stuff to do if I don't get to be a mom someone told me I could do that stuff either way. Funny, it's probably true.
ReplyDeleteBummer about the trees. Cut down the one and then plant 2 more somewhere else and the tree gods should be happy.
Your dinner sounds amazing. Living abroad would be interesting...I think I'd like to do that too.
ReplyDeleteI used to think about living abroad but now I think I will stick to traveling (if I ever get the nerve to do that). I hate when people plant without thinking about the future. It's like they really think this plant or tree is going to stay exactly the same for the next twenty years. It sucks. Cut down the ones you need to for your peace of mind and then plant things (front, back, side, whatever) in better locations. If you do not want to plant anything else in your yard, you could always support one of the charities that plant tress in cities, etc.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea - a charity like the Arbor Foundation. Thanks.
DeleteOooh, living abroad. I fantasize about that all the time...one day I am going to do it! Sorry to hear about your trees. I had to do the same thing with our little place upstate. We had a bunch of trees growing near the house that got damaged in a big ice storm and we had to cut them down. The place looks much better now though!
ReplyDeleteDinner sounds fabulous. Living abroad is wonderful. Sorry about the tree but it can't be good for the house foundation or the tree to have its roots gnarling into the concrete.
ReplyDeleteLiving abroad....what an adventure that would be!
ReplyDeletelive173視訊影音live秀
ReplyDeletelive173影音視訊live秀
live173影音live秀-免費視訊
live173影音live秀
live173
live173帳密
live173影音live秀 免費視訊
live秀live173影音視訊live秀-全台
live173影音live秀 每日限量特
live173 視訊美女