Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Imitation best form of Flattery?

Today was busy day - with fun thrown in of course. I had someone coming by to clean the gutters and windows (inside and out).

I had used this contractor last year and he did a great job of my gutters. I had not had my windows professionally cleaned before.

So this guy comes with his team, and he is working on the inside of the house. And he just absolutely loved the house and kept complimenting my furnishing style and went crazy for the wall colors. Apparently he is painting his house and he and his fiancee are not being able to make any decisions. He kept asking me what the room colors were, so finally I pulled out my swatchs.

Later he told me his fiancee was coming by to bring him lunch (yeah right) and if I would'nt mind he would like to show her my place. I said fine, so she came over with alacrity with his little 4 year old daughter.

So, they were wandering around the house as he was cleaning the windows and saying "okay so this blue for the bedroom" and this beige for the living room. She was busy taking notes....it was quite funny actually.  They ended up using ALL the colors I have in my house and requested that I let them borrow my swatchs, which I did, and told them they BETTER bring it back.

As they say imitation is the biggest form of flattery. 

Glad I could help out and it great to get compliments on one's living space. Even my parents keep copying my furnishing style.

In the evening after work, I vacuumed and dusted the house so I could get it all clean again after having people trampling everywhere. They did take off their shoes. But I was holding off cleaning this weekend since I knew there would be some debris from removing the screens. The windows look fabulous and they washed the screens too.

Fun activities of the day:
Went to the plant store during lunch and bough some plants for my hanging baskets in the front. The pansies are pretty much on their last legs.  I decided to pick different flowers this time for summer, so hopefully they will do well. I also stopped by the library.  Now as I type this I am sitting outside sipping a vodka/gingerale, and will go inside in a bit to cook a late dinner. I may eat outside.....

Dinner Tonight:
Shrimp scampi with pesto fettuccine. I have a ton of basil growing, so I will make fresh pesto. Dessert will be a slice of chocolate cake. My parents had some left over from my nephews b'day celebration and had brought it over last night.


7 comments:

  1. It's nice to get recognition in any form. :-) You are so productive. I need to get someone to look at my gutters, but,,,, What flowers did you get for your hanging baskets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Calibrachoa - I had never heard of them but they looked super cute. Now I read they are miniature petunias. The first year my regular petunias got bugs, so I stopped getting them. I hope these dont get bugs.

      Delete
  2. That's nice about the compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this may sound strange but I absolutely love reading your postings. They make me smile as even I feel a sense of peace in your daily life between your plants, library (I got to the library every day!), the delicious meals you cook & the time you spend with your family. As always, I applaud your ability to find peace & fun in your life right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual for you, a full and productive day! So impressed, and glad you are enjoying yourself...

    ReplyDelete