Saturday, May 5, 2012

Musings and Miscalulations

My days of fun and completing pending tasks continues.

Towards that end, yesterday I trimmed the hedges in the front of the house. Boy, my arms and hands were trembling an hour later but it was a big job that needed getting done. Thankfully it only needs to be done 1-2 times a season! I also watched a really fun movie at night.

Today I planted my window boxes. All I have left to do is plant my annuals in the bed later today or tomorrow and lay out the last bale of pine straw. Then I will be officially done with my Spring yard work. Yay!

Yoga this morning was awesome. I had skipped the previous two Sat classes - two weeks ago I had cramps and last week I was in the city. I really needed the stretching and I felt so much better afterwards. I could feel all the tension in my hips melt away - amazing!

I miscalculated.  My 40 days of fun are actually 20, since I should begin cycling in about 17 days.

Eeek -- I really don't know how to feel about this upcoming cycle. I have lost hope, and that is very unlike me.

I am terrified that there will be no good embryo again and it will end before it even begins. I am not sure what I will do then.

Logic tells me that just because it happened last time does not mean it will this time as well, but what if it does?  I can deal with a good embryo giving a BFN - that I am prepared for since I know its a crap shoot, but to get no good embryo was a very very tough pill to swallow.  I mean I have given up my own genetics which was not an easy decision, the least the universe can do is give me a break and yeild me some good DE embryos, right?!

A part of me says that if that happens I should take it as a sign from the universe and just stop this madness now.  Because isn't that the definition of insanity, doing the same thing and expecting different results. 

I do know that I am down to one, maybe two more cycles that is it. I have to begin planning a future.  However hard one tries to not focus on TTC its the elephant in the room - should I look for another job or stay where I am while TTC,  should I book a vacation to Europe this Fall, can I attend my cousins wedding overseas in Feb, or will I be pregnant and/or giving birth on those dates?

Its crazy.

The only thing that gives me some peace is knowing that either way this journey will end in a few months.......and whatever the outcome I know the end will be welcomed with open arms.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you can enjoy the 17 days you have left. What are some of the plans you are thinking of for your next journey if it works or doesn't work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your next cycle will be better - you can't have that crappy luck twice in a row! In the meantime, enjoy the rest of the time before your cycle starts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the confusion and "elephant in the room" thing. Very hard to plan or know what to think about. I think we are on similar paths, timewise, yet different methods. I feel I will come to the end of this journey in a few months, as well. I'm sending lots of good thoughts for you to get some awesome embryos! 17 days isn't very far away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I hate the planning around infertility too. It's crazy but so hard not to do it.

    I think the 40 days of fun should continue cycling or not.

    ReplyDelete